Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Multyplayer

Hi guys , I need some help.Last year I tried to use the multyplayer-mode several times.Most of the times the connection with the Lewisville.TX server1.iflytri.com was build-up quickly and everything worked fine.BUT, the connection was broken within a few minutes sometimes ten and once after fifteen minutes.I have a very fast internetconnection and no other network-problems.Last days I tried again and got the following messages;Lewisville.TX server1.iflytri.com connectingInternalTest SEF Gumby not availableAfter this nothing happened and I had to cancel the conneting (attempt)Many times I have read topic`s about people multy-play with FLYII,I would like to Multy-play too , but I cannot.Anyone has a clue ??RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Leen,May I suggest you to leave Fly! multiplayer server and join us on Ivao or Vatsim with SquawkBox 3.1 ;-)You'll have the benefits or real weather and real ATC control with voice support.The Fly! server seems to be unstable, and I'm afraid you'll be alone on it !- roland -

Leen,I was under the impression that the server was no longer being maintained by TRI - in fact, I thought it had been unavailable for more than a year. I know that there were a number of Fly!ers that used multiplayer and there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth when it was no longer available.A group tried to put together a server of their own, or develop a way to provide that service. However, I don't know if anyone was successful. I know that TRI had concerns about proprietary code that could not be shared.

Randall Rocke

Thanks for your reaction Roland and Randall,The server actually worked as far as I can remember till last june.Roland is right,saying I was most of the times "alone" but I was alone with myself ,playing on two computers.It was great fun flying in formation with a joy-stick in each hand.Sometimes my son Michiel joined with his PC and it became quiet crowded on the multyplayer server.;)That was more than a year ago, before things got worse.I have no idea about IVAO or VATSIM , how does it work?It likes to me, you cannot see the other planes,Is it just virtual ATC?Giving positions and directions without the chance of collision.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Leen,You will see other aircrafts in Fly!, except the refresh position freq is about 5 seconds.Beetween refresh period, other planes follow their straight path, keeping the prvious angles, even if I added an interpolation to have a vertical speed.I don't know what is the refresh period on TRI server.The only way to increase a lot the refresh, would be to use Peer2Peer connections between players (like in the FPI network and Squawkwin client.)IVAO and VATSIM are the 2 major virtual ATC networks.Some players are controllers, other are pilot and everyone have to follow the real IFR or VFR procedures. The servers provide also weather information (METAR and winds aloft) which are reproduce inside Fly! 2 throught SquawkBox 3.1.You'll be able also to speak with ATC throught integrated voice software like TeamSpeak (IVAO) or RogerWilco & AVC (for VATSIM) with automatic channel switching when you'll change your freq on the cockpit radio panel !In France, we mostly fly on IVAO because there is nobody in France on VATSIM :-(Have a look to their sites.Give it a try ;-)- roland -

Guest Josve

I will highly recommend signing up with vatsim Leen!!It gives a whole new atmosphere to flying.The Squawkbox for fly2 works great :)You just sign up on Vatsim and getting your pilot ID and password and are ready to fly!!When flying online you see others aircraft and talk to the controllers either via RogerWilco or similar voice programs or do as I prefer..use the text based comunication.It's more like real life flying :)You'll find plenty of tutorials out there.So have a look at www.vatsim.netJohnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/pmdg.jpg ][/div

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Johnny,That's great to hear you !But I don't think typing a text to an ATC is like in "real life", I prefer voice coms :-beerchug - roland -