Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Whats new? What have I missed?

I havent used used my FLY!II sim since sometime after the PMDG 777 add-on. I always loved the sim over MSFS, but its incomplete status left a sour taste in my mouth. Since then I've tried both MSFS 2002 and 2004 and found myself still disappointed in the flight models compared to FLY!II(my biggest gripe is the touch down model on MSFS...too easy and simplified).Well I've started flight school and Im finding myself wanting to get back into flight sims. I still have MSFS 2004, but Im still longing for my PMDG 777 add-on(MSFS add-ons are supposedly plagued by the codes easy/simplified landing and flight modeled still). Im curious to know if and how FLY!II as perhaps been "completed" by third party/player additions. How is the performance issues, navigation, etc. doing. Is there any support for the PMDG 777 anymore? I have to be honest, I'll likly install MSFS2004 anyway out of convience and then immediatly add PMDG add-ons to it...but Im also interested in installing FLY!II again(I still feel it had a much better flight model over MSFS even today).So, I know this is a wide open post, but fill me in guys...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,I would say I'm too a sim enthousiast as many of you : I've got almost any sim installed (except Elite) and each one has many exciting features ...Fly!II add-on have continued to be developped by many sim flyers and I can say you should find a lot of good stuff around in the avsim or simvol library, whatever interest you can have : we have some navigation gauges (2 kind of and a not still released in a simvol secret drawer aka rotw_350), aircrafts (not as many as FS can offer within the same lapts of time, but enough to stay awaked, eh, eh!), sceneries (very good indeed), some add-in and tools (I can't list all of them, but you can find what a flight student needs), and among all this a huge amount of airports (thanks to wayne and others who sped countless hours for our pleaure).Thank to many other people we tried to reduce the language gap between all of us and our simvol site has been translated and offers every day add-on or informations in a readable english (joke!).So what do you wait for join us all ?Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

There is a huge number of files in the FlyII Library here and at SimVol including aircraft,helicopter,repaints,airports and other scenery,models,utilities and tutorials.Unfortunately PMDG don't support their addons for FlyII anymore and the addons are not surprisingly no longer available for download.If you have a computer with a fast processor,large capacity HD, plenty of RAM and a good graphics card you won't regret spending time re-installing FlyII and downloading/installing addons.If you run into problems the solution may well be in the postings and,if not, someone might well answer your question.:-walksmile