Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Ohhh those ATR`S , they keep coming..............

Guest Mats_Frisk

Very beautiful!RegardsMats

Guest Chris Wallace

Very nice Leen!!! Just a "suggestion" (although I've already signed you up for it :)) would be D-BNNN in its more up-to-date livery with ContactAir!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris ,Sorry for doing this one , I did not realise you planned to do this one.It was in my mind for a long time and I did not ( could not reach ) the WIKI-site , so I did not see.Did I do the one you had in mind or had you in mind to do the other one.I suggest you do the other one now, Then we have two liveries, two repainters and one registration.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Chris Wallace

That's OK Leen, I was planning on doing a ContactAir livery but hadn't actually started any painting yet. I didn't have Eurowings on my radar screen at all.I had started on EuroLOT SP-EDA but ran into a bit of a problem with the engine nacelles...just a natural limitation of the texturing, as is always the case on any model. With only one texture area shared for both inboard/outboard sides of both nacelles, the "euroLOT @" logo really doesn't work since it shows up reversed on one side, and should really only be on the outboard side of the nacelles. This isn't a criticism, I realize there is always a tradeoff between limited texture space and wanting to cover every square inch of the a/c with a unique texture. Anyway I'm not sure now whether to finish it and leave the nacelles blank, or just move on to another livery...I could do ContactAir next.Sorry 'bout the server being down, I was out of town on business for a couple of days and it must have gone down very soon after I left. There was nobody here at home to reset the box so it stayed down until I got home last night...everything is back up now, I got your feedback e-mail and I'll check into it.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris,About the nacelles.In case of the Air France livery it was not really a problem.The logo`s ( BIRD) appear on both sides of the nacelles wich is not original but does no harm.Only when a logo contains text or numbers things look bad.My advise , finish the repaint , without theEuroLot text.Use just the little red logo.I tried MTHP , wich could not be done because there are no differententries for the engines in the ACM file.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest rene_35

just an information: with Jean, we are preparing a V5 release of the ATR which will fix bugs and which will be better for the Hotel starting mode..I think you must wait this version before uploading your last repaints.I hope to have this release during the next week: it's not too long?

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Chris,very nice repaint, this aircraft fits to our local airport!Will be "my" ATR42!Thank you for your work.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest rene_35

It depends of what files you have modified. If Jean decide to fix something on the main panel and you use the old version (to modify the ident number), You will not have the last release when we will use your repaint (but I think they will work). We can't avoid that.For exemple, the repaints do not use the embedded checklist. Let Jean confirm if there will be problem with the V5 release.

Guest Chris Wallace

I'm sure Jean will keep this in mind and minimize the impact to repaints if possible (right Jean? :-)). If (and ONLY if) Jean is planning on making changes that render external repaints invalid, I have a couple of suggestions that might help future repaints. These are not really critical (though #1 would be nice) so if you're not going to churn the external model texturing then please don't do so just for these items.1. Use different texture space for the elevator lower surface and the flaps; the fact that these overlap make it impossible to paint the entire horizontal stabilizer/elevator with a non-white colour without repainting the wing flap surfaces too.2. Texture the nosewheel doors with small (maybe 20x8) unique textures so that registration letter suffixes (e.g. "NN") can be painted there as is done on many liveries3. If possible, look into separating out textures for engine nacelles into inboard/outboard and left/right. Sharing one texture across all four of these areas allows the resolution to remain high; maybe splitting them up will ruin the nacelles entireley by forcing the resolution to be too low.4. If you need to reclaim texture space, maybe look at reducing the size of the pilot "body" textures, and those square blocks of various colours at the bottom-center of the crammed texture.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada