Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Ohhh those ATR`S , they keep coming..............

G'day Chris, Thanks for the explanation. You've basically confirmed what I was thinking. I think I can now see what Leen is alluding to. A new part can be added to the model and a new .acm made. It doesn't matter if the tif is totally different because it is not going to be used. Cut and paste the new part from the new .acm into the old .acm and manually alter the old acm to tell it that there is one more part. now simply point the new part to the new additional tif. Thus the old tif is still used. Does that make sense?Cheers,Roger

>I think I can now see what Leen is alluding to. A new part>can be added to the model and a new .acm made. >>Roger >>Hallo guys,No guys, I cannot add a new part and I do not make a new acm.MTHP does not add any parts it only enables us to give some parts different colors or textures.Example:On a TIF we see a rudder ( only the left side )and this is the only rudder on the tif.Normally spoken we cannot put a text on this rudder, because this text will be mirrored on the right side.On the acm file we se Rudder left ...... ourplane.TIFfollowed by Rudder right........ .ourplane.TifWhat I do with MTHP is as follows.I change the text Rudder right........ .ourplane.Tif into Rudder right........ .ourplane2.TifNow I make a copy of ourplane.Tif and name it .ourplane2.Tif ( in a reduced size lets say 512x512)On this TIF I make the texture on the rudder mirrored and it appears to be fine on the model.In other words : Normally this ACM reads the TIF twice at the ame spot.With MTHP we let the ACM read the same spot on two or more different TIFs.Mostly when I use MTHP I use two or more extra TIFs.(512x512)In this example I would use both extra TIFs for the rudder to get equal quality on both sides.We can use the same two extra TIFs for other parts to.When we want the left spinner ( it`s a TWIN ENGINED PLANE) to be red and the richt spiner blue.Let the ACM point for the spinners on the two different tifs.etc etc.This is the only thing we can do with MTHP , we cannot add parts to a plane ( as far as I know:)RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints