Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Wayne's Australian Airports

This is by no means a criticism of the wonderful work that Wayne does populating our FlyII world with airports.It is a review of the problems that result from the different data bases for the Australian airports that Wayne has used and that Danny Vickers has also uploaded to AVSIM.If one has installed Danny's database Wayne's taxiways and runways do not align up.These are some that are affected. I do not know if this list is complete.The airports are:Charleville YBCU; Chinchilla YCCA; Cobar YCBA; Curtin YCIN; Cooktown YCKN; Clermont YCMT; Cunnamulla YCMU; Coonamble YCNM; Coen YCOE; Corowa YCOR; Corryong YCRG; Cootamundra YCTM; Doomadgee YDMG; Dysart YDYS; Hay YHAY; Hervey Bay YHBA; Hamilton YHML; Hoxton Park YHOX; Horsham YHSM; Hobart YMHB; Mangalore YMNG; Maryborough YMYB.The following airports may be incorrect but it is difficult for me to be sure Century Mine YCNY; Cowra YCWR; Halls Creek YHLC; Mc Arthur River Mine YMHU; Darwin International YPDN.In these airports the taxiways/runways often align but there are subtle errors such as the yellow taxiway lines not appearing to be in the correct places.In addition Christmas Island Airport (YPXM) causes a CTD. In the Fly II list of airports it is listed under Christmas Island but Wayne's RMT lists it as an Australian Airport.I attach screenshots of some of the errors.I am sure Roger will be able to enlighten us on this set of problems.Ian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ian, you are correct. If you change the default FLYII scenery my airports will not work correctly. I had done a lot of these airports when I learned that there were dex files and taxiway files correcting some of the problems with the default Fly.After learning this I stopped all work on airports in Australia. I will not return to Australia and will probably have all the airports removed from the AVSIM library.

Wayne,I don't think you should remove all your Oz airports at this point because anyone who simply uses the FlyII default database will be OK.How big a job is it to correct the airports so that all the alignments are correct for those who have installed the database of Danny Vickers?I have little knowledge of what is involved but if given some help to understand how to do it would be happy to try. Moving buidings with the scenery editor is easy, is it just as easy moving/adding extensions to taxiways?There could then be two versions, one for the default FlyII database and one for those with Danny's database.:-wave