Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

Volnav 1.5 problem, Please help

Hey guys,Would you good folks please help me get Volnav working? I have installed it according to instructions. When I open it, I get an error. It is in French but it says "Errur de verification d'etendue". What is etendue? I click ok and get an access violation for 0043BA43 and Volnav.exe violation for FFFFFFF.I opened the nav.ini and noticed the directory was not where my FLYII directory is located. It was C:Terminal RealityFly! II. I corrected it to C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! II. It still gives me access violations...Are there some files that did not come with Volnav 1.5 that have to be somewhere? Will Volnav 1.5 work with WIN98SE?Thanks,Earl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't tell you about win98, but try deleting the VOL .ini file altogether. Then , when you load VolNav, the first window will want the appropriate folder where fly is located, make sure that you do this correctly. The second window, where Metar is located, is not important in terms of folder location.tony

Hi Tony,Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted the .ini. I still get access violations and the etendue error, and it tells me I am missing a BDRY.pod file but doesn't give the directory or anything but it will open and seem to work after a fashion. I created a flightplan quickly, probably has big mistakes in it. I will try it to see what happens. But, it did creat a .sit file. I tried reopening Volnav and it is right back to acting as before I deleted the ini.Any other ideas?ThanksEarl

Send Didier an email. He's very good at responding. tony