Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjbriggs

FLY LEGACEY

Guest jjbriggs

Hi everybody,Just a question to see if anybody knows how the Fly Legacey was going.No updates on the page, and despite insisting that I wouldn't be the first prat to ask the above question.... I HAVE!!!ARE WE THERE YET!!!Kindest regards to the FLY LEGACEY developers... KEEP IT UP GUYS.Jason :-)

Guest angels355

Hi Jason,Is there a Fly Legacy page? Where do you find it?

Guest laurentC

Hi there all,Fly Legacy is always on tracks and things are going (slowly due to vacation time) on ...SkyHawk systems are all implemented and the panel is functional ... but still needs a lot of code rendering optimization.Most of the single prop main engine features are implemented but have to be tested and adjusted in flight as soon as the flight model will allow a test.The aeromodel has been developped and remains to be installed in the code and tested.The terrain manager is still in optimization progress (the previous ones were not satisfying according to the standards required.As you can see a lot of things have been done ... but still another bunch of mandatory things have to be installed before the first flight test ... or the first glide, to be honest.Cheers,laurentC

Guest danieletona

Hi Laurent,these are good news!!!My compliments to the whole team.Dan

Guest angels355

laurentC,Thank you very much for your response. I am still enjoying very much Fly!2K, haven't gotten Fly!2 yet. I am looking forward to Fly Legacy, but I don't want anyone to rush too fast, if the developers need more time to make the program right then take more time. We are going to be very excited when it is released. Fly!2K was way ahead of its' time, I've flown it for many long hours, and still fly it at least one to three times/week. Fly!2 is really amazing I understand, and a good setup takes a lot of computing power which indicates to me what an excellent program it is. I think both of these programs were built with a great deal of quality built into them. I can still remember the excitement I had when I first started Fly!2K. I'm really looking forward to Fly! Legacy. If the developers need to take more time to make it better, then take the time to make it right. Do you think it will be another year maybe before it is released?

Guest Jason Briggs

Hi guys,Great to hear how it is going... sound superb!!! :-)I agree, take as long as needed to develop the code and beta test it, I don't do a lot of codeing, and no little of C++, but wish all of the 'smart' people the best on this project. If there is anything I can do to help, then drop a line on the fourms. I will do what ever I can within the constraints of family and work committments, as well as knowledge.Keep up the hard work, and ble skies to you,Kindest regards to all,Jason:-)

Guest laurentC

Thanks for the suggestion ... you can join the group in sourceforge.net and enroll and make developments at leisure.As for the time left before any first release I would point out that the legacy project will be a long term development and, hopefully, a never ending story, adding new features for ages ... why not be optimistic ?More seriously, I think the first pre-pre-pre-beta test, with a sole single prop, as the SkyHawk, for adjustments and in flight test ... may take place in 2007 (if we keep going on at this pace)... but keep in mind that most of the people behind the scene is coding during spare time and for some of us this spare time is not so extensive or some features being added need a huge amount of physics capabilities, that is going deep in dynamic theories and understand many math details.Then, I wouldn't sound like one hyping around or count the one's chicken before they are hatched ...The real message is : there is still a legacy project, don't fear, and we still are coding ... All the best to all of you,laurentC

Bonjour mon cher ami Laurent,Summerseason takes a lot of my time ,selling bikes in Vlaardingen/Holland.Not much time for simming (Fly2 nor FS9)these days.BUT still very interested in Fly Legacy and realising it takes a lot of time to get the project ready for a pre-pre-pre- launch.I am very sorry not being able to give some contribution to this huge project.Je suis un peintre ,pas plus.Salutations cordialementTon ami en FLYLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hello Laurent,Many thanks for the Fly! Legacy development progress report.All those nice Fly!2 addons deserve a future home base, as computers will evolve in time.All the best to the development team,FrankEBKT