Sign in to follow this  
Guest farflyer

Using Boot Camp

Guest farflyer

This may have been brought up before, but I can't seem to find it. I just purchased a 24" iMac with 2.4 Ghz and the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card with 256 VRAM. I used Boot Camp to partition and installed Windows XP. I have both a Mac and a Windows version of Fly 2. I can run the Mac version now, but on Windows, the outside view is constantly flashing and in the cockpit, the curser and all windows leaves tracks when they are moved. It seems this happened before, but I can't remember how to fix it. I have tried to start Fly 2 with all different combinations at the graphics start screen, but no luck.Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? I use Fly 2 on a 4 Gig USB flash drive on all my other windows machines running XP with no problems.Thank you for your help on this matter. Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Hi Tom,The problem is probably the ATI Radeon - Fly! was optimized for nVidia chips. Try this first and let us know if the situation is resolved:-- Open the Render.ini file with a text editor such as Notepad. Change the VertexIndexFormat value to 0 instead of 1.

Randall Rocke

Guest farflyer

RandallThank you very much. The changes worked perfectly. Now I am having some problems with Advanced Voice Client logging on to the VATSIM server for voice. Says it can't find the server or that I have to log on even though I am on. Is AVC the voice client to use or is there something else that might work? Again, works on my other computers, but not this one so far. Is there a chance that there will be a squawkbox for the Mac?Again, thank you for the help. I see your name on several posts helping others also. Glad there are still some of us out here that love to fly with Fly2.Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Hi Tom, SquawkBox client for online ATC was one of the more preferred progams to use. I believe it should be available here at AVSIM and you might be able to find that or a similar cllient at the ROTW site:http://fly.simvol.org/indexus.phpHope that helps.Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster