Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

How to autoland

hey everyone, I was wondering how you autoland a plane in MSFS with no control inputs at all. I can make it steer me in in the correct direction to the centerline but I have to increase/decrease altitude manually. Can I make it do all the work??? thanks for the help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Can I make it do all >the work??? Yes, you can but for that you need a few things. You have to land at runway equipped wiith ILS and you need an aircraft capable of autoland. I don't think Micosoft provided autoland with any of its aircraft that came in the box. And out of those only 747 and 737 I believe would be autoland capable (in real life). I personally use 767 (add on by Wilco) which can do successfull autoland in FS2002. Michael J.

I've also written a program called Autoland 2001, which works with FSUIPC (Version 2.8 or greater), as long as you leave FSUIPC's A/P sign correction off. Autoland 2001 just runs in the background, checking to see if you've locked an ILS using APR mode. If so, at 300 ft. AGL it takes over, and retards the throttles, flares the plane, deploys the spoilers at touchdown, and applies reverse thrust. The bad news, is it's only at Flightsim.com (requires an install of the original version, followed by the version 1.4 update). I've been so busy with Landclass Assistant I haven't packaged Autoland 2002 (my next version) for release to Avsim, but it's coming soon.Regards,JohnAuthor - Landclass Assistant and Autoland 2001