Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

Stars in Night Sky?

Guest product

I'm new to Fly2, and was under the impression that the night sky was supposed to feature stars, even constellations tuned to your location and date. Mine is pitch black, save for the moon.Is there a setting for stars that I'm missing? I use the "skyfire" sky color modification, but I don't imagine that should effect this issue. running an Nvidia Geforce4ti with 128mb on it, so it shouldn't be a video card memory problem.Any help would be appreciated, thanks!Best,Joel

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Joel,Fly1/2K has stars and constellations, but I've yet to see them in II. Maybe it's an effect of my meager video card, but I think I heard the peecee guys don't have it either. You might try searching the main forum for "stars" and see what turns up.Regards,

Guest product

Hi Allan,Already got a Jpeg posted from a PC driver, and he's got'em... beautiful actually. He sent me a link to an old post that referred to some G4 owner listing some issues a while back, and no stars was among them (pre patch release). Not a video card issue either, as I'm running the new Geforce4 ti with 128mb on board.Are there any Mac people our there who see stars?Joel

Guest ftessler

Only when I get a good whack on the head. :)No, I don't see them in Fly! II, either, and I can't say that I ever did. (They were definitely there in Fly! 2k, though.)-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Hi Joel,I just have to know, How does Fly II perform with the GeForce TiCard. I was tempted to upgrade my machine but had never seen anyone with the Ti card post yet. I am still suffering with the 4 FPS bug in 10.2.3. when I use the old G4 and my Radeon card. I get upwards of 50 FPS on my Gaming PC with the GeForce 4ti Please tell me that Apple finally got it right :-)RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest product

Paul,Well, the video card is not as great as I'd hoped... Apple hasn't released drivers that take advantage of its potential yet, so it still uses the 4mx drivers. Not to say it isn't capable, but not the HUGE performance jump I was expecting.Joel

Guest Allan Jones

Joel,I've been following the thread on the same subject in the other forum, and tried the external camera zoom change (to 1.33) that someone recommended. I still couldn't see any stars but, again, I have a pretty wimpy vidcard.To check with zoom at 1.33, open the fly.ini file (make a back-up first and label it something else). Find the line in the "graphics" section (the first listed) that reads:exteriorCamZoom=24576and change the number to 49152, then save and restart Fly. If stars are going to show at 1.33, this will tell you.Anyone know where the star info is stored? I didn't see any obvious pod files other than generic.pod that looked likely.Allan

Guest product

I thought that was a great suggestion, too... unfortunately didn't work for me.Joel