Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabbepe

Fly II Mac and FS2004 Scenery import

Hi folks! Long time no see!I don't use Fly! II yet, but maybe I will if i get a second hand rage 128 or a newer Mac.I've heard that it's possible to import FS2002 scenery to Fly!. Is that correct? If so, what's the procedure and is it possible for Mac's?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bertil, I cannot really say about MAC and FSImport, but if you have an Windows emulator to run Windows programs, then you should be able to use FSImport 1.03 to convert FS2002 sceneries and use it within the MAC Fly!II. Not knowing how MAC emulates for windows, this may not be correct... and hopefully one of the MAC users can step in and answer this for you more fully. One thing to know about FSImport, it will NOT allow you to share the created sceneries with others... it is machine specific. This is why I do not know if it will work from a emulation standpoint. But if you can do the Windows programs, then its always worth a try! :-)Many cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgSeawind ProjectGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Bertil and Ken,First, HI BERTIL!!!No. I haven't gone to the Dark Side--just fell deeply into X-Plane so I can fly in OSX. Same old Beige G3 (hot-rodded, of course).I've used an older Windows emulator, SoftWindows (now defunct) at work. With it, you can create a shared folder that acts as a portal between the Mac and Windows OS. Files placed there are available to either platform. Handy.I presume that Virtual PC has some similar function. If so, then Ken's suggestion may work if you are willing to invest the considerable amount of Swedish currency in it. I know other Mac users have used some of the PC-only tools that come with the PC version of Fly 1/2K. They had to pick up a PC copy of Fly, obviously, to get the tools.Again, Virtual PC is a pricey approach--if it even allows the creation of a portal.