Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

Answer to Rodger (Icaris) about Enhanced TS

Original question by E-mail:<><>Hi Rodger!I don't know PhotoImpact, but I doubt it has all the functions I used in Phototshop. The critical ones are:- the ability to work with layers and combine them in different ways-the ability to save the selection shape as a channel and work with this channel (really makes things easier, but not absolutely needed)-the ability to perform mathematical operations between these layers and/or channels (VERY powerful tool). I'm currently working to make my method easier, and it's totally based on this function.-the "Displace" filter: it moves each pixel a certain distance away; this distance is defined by the pixel values from a map you choose.-the ability to program macros if you want to render large areas.This said, you can certainly read carefully and take the main lines from my tutorial, and adapt your own method with your graphic package. Start with a small scenery, and the basic ideas, and if things work, try more enhancements. (My first idea was to add some simple shadow around the forests: try it your own way!)Also, I've just tried GIMP (originally Linux, Windows version). It's freeware, and has a lot of possibilities you find in Photoshop. The Windows version is a little buggy, especially the scripts. However I think it might be the best alternative to PS: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/I must admit that my method is not easy, as I didn't see yet any screenshot from the people who tried to follow the tutorial, even those who have Photoshop!I'm very pleased that you want to start a project, please tell me when you have some results!Best regards!Pascal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!