Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Make HITW Textures?

Guest Hagar

I miss some texures in the Terrascene 2.1 texture pack. I badly need some rock textures and other stuff special to my country...How can I make some? I have a good digital camera that can take 12MB Tiffs if I need to. I just wonder what resolution an colour depth the final picture should have, and which size?And, approx. which pixel resolution would I end up with, is it possible to get close to 7,5m/pixel?

Hagar,TS textures can be any size (don't know if there is a limit). You have to paint them a bit: work with the clone tool until you can tile them seamlessly.Use 24 bits colors and save the final as jpg.Sorry, I don't understand your last question.Are you going to take aerial pictures? I can't wait to see your results with a camera!Funny thing: I'm also working with some rock textures these days!Cheers!Pascal

Guest Hagar

Pascal,Good news about the size. I guess I have to experiment with the tiling. I`ll try to make a small jpg for making a parking lot look realistic...My last question was regarding how it would look on the final tga compared to the TS texures. I`ll try a new render to check it out.So you`re working on rock too:) For which area?

"My last question was regarding how it would look on the final tga compared to the TS texures. I`ll try a new render to check it out."If you have default parameters (7.5m/pix for textures AND for project resolution) there's no resizing of the TS texture. Pixel per pixel!"So you`re working on rock too:) For which area?"Still working on my Seattle project. Don't know yet exactly which area I will distibute first, but I want to heave some rocks inside: my new technique to render rock and mountains seems very promising!:-jumpy << little pet busy in bump mapping!Pascal

Guest Hagar

Pascal,I`m VERY keen to hear about your progress on rocks and mountains. It is much needed in my country...Right now I have left TS for a while and are fighting hard with Max in order to (try) to finish some 3D models. In TS I have Enzv and Engm almost ready, with all the shapes re-drawn by hand. For Enzv I want to try some rock textures in one of the fjords.Good luck with your rock textures, can`t wait to see the result!Btw check the projects button on my site :)