Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Wayne Roberts and Others: Airport information question

Wayne,Where do you get the information that enables you to model the airports you do so well?Thanks,Ian:-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ian, most of the time I get the information from www.airnav.com. Depending on what airport you are looking for a search of the internet will help.If there is no airport diagram, downloading from the terraserver will give you a picture of the airport.If you look on the Links page at www.harveyair.us you will find other sources.Are you looking for a particular airport(s)?

Wayne,Thanks. Having Terrascened Jackson Hole to West Yellowstone it was those two I initially had in mind. As I am trying to create better NZ scenery I hope to do some NZ airports also.Ian :-beerchug

I will be interested in how you get on with your NZ sceneries.I am a past member of the Tauranga Aeroclub, and it would be nice to have some height on Mt Maunganui which is as flat as a pancake. Also have a look at Auckland Intl. This needs quite a lot of work done on it mainly with re-positioning of the taxiways and too avoid sinking into the runway and taxiways.

Yes, there are quite a few errors with the area around Tauranga.I had coincidentally decided to do the Mount first because of its small size and prominence it will be a good test of the quality of the freeware data I can download.However, now summer is here other interests will come first and progress will be slow. :-cool