Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

converted DEM-Files in Terrascene

Hi!I converted SRTM-Data using 3DEM to USGS DEM-Files. The result ist a File with the extension .DEM . Then I copied this file to the DEM Subdirectory. How can I use this file in Terrascene ?If I select the Checkbox "USGS", Terrascene wants to download DEM-Data instead of using my local data.Any idea what I am doing wrong ?Thank youHarald

Hi Harald, You need to place it in the Manually added folder, and it should be set up just like the normal file folder is (i.e. DEM/7.5min/A,B,C, etc with the filename. You then manually add the file from a dialog box. I believe Randall passed me instructions on this over on the Developer forum, or had pointed me to the right spot in the TS manual. :-) Might want to pop in at the Developer forum and see if you can find the message there.Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Harald, I saw that over in the General forum... very nice! Thank you for your efforts in figuring this all out! Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster