Sign in to follow this  
Didier

Blender

Hello everybody !Chris Wallace and me, are working on Blender. Blender is a graphic tools to create 3D design and animation like 3DS max but it's FREE.We wrote some plugins in Python to import/export 3D Fly! files.It's works fine with SMF and need some test again with ACM (keyframes !)Building from LFRN sceneryblender01ty2.jpgA well known aircraft !blender02xe3.jpgblender03ot0.jpgDidierROTW Team

G'day Didier,That is very good news indeed. This will be a boon to anyone wanting to make models for Fly! II. Can't wait till its finished.Thanks to both Chris and yourself for this excellent project.Cheers,Roger

Good news,does this mean we also can convert models made for x-plane through "export" to the fly! data format? Or is this "only" good to design from scratch?Thanks

Guest tonyc

You're right, Roger. I've got the electra and the emb-120......tony

>Good news,>>does this mean we also can convert models made for x-plane>through "export" to the fly! data format? Or is this "only">good to design from scratch?>>>ThanksI don't know X-Plane aircraft format but I think you should use it and do some changes (separate and name parts, etc). May be not easy !

Guest chezz123

Hi Didier,I'm starting to learn how to use blender, are you saying 3d models i.e. buildings can be imported to fly2. Do you have te utilities to automate importing models to FLY2.thanks,chris_CA

Hi Chris,At that time importing/exporting SMF seems to work fine. I just need some people to test it !I'm working on importing BIN, but not finish.And about ACM (aircraft) I have always some trouble with keyframes. 3D is OKI send you SMF tools by mail. Is there anybody else interesting to test it before I upload it ?Didier