Sign in to follow this  

Couple of questions from a FU3 Newbie

I Have been flying FU2 for a couple of years. I bought FU3 last week. Amazing!!!Got some problems, though. Please can anyone give me some info...1. Sometimes FU3 does not respond to the yoke for a couple of seconds. Pain in the ##### during landing. How to repair?2. Shift-T (teleport to tower) does not work. Manual says it does. Who is wrong? Shift-O, Shift-I work fine.3. I downloaded the famous 2.0 patch. However, during running the patch it quits patching FLED.EXE with the message: 'Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do no match'. It reports version 1.0 was found and it is patching to 2.0. What am I doing wrong?HENNIE:Especially for Hennie (your e-mail address mwhvr@iafrica.com does not seem to work):I downloaded some of your FU3 models from http://www.fsfreeware.com. Compliments!! I've got a few questions about your Windhawk version. 4. Is your Windhawk based on FU2 Baron? The FU3 Windhawk definitely flies different than the FU2 baron. Your Windhawk seems to be flying more like the FU2 Baron. I definitely like your version!5. Autopilot's NAV button does not work (It does not on the Renegade either). Do you have a solution for this?6. There is a NAV1/NAV2 switch. This does not seem to have any effect. Should there be 2 VOR freq's?7. What software did you use for your models? CockpitDesigner from Gideon ...?8. Is there any way to modify properties of the aircraft (engine power, weight, aerodynamics, etc)?9. Is there a way to import FU2 aircrafts in FU3. Copying the files does not work (I would not expect this would work, but it was worth trying ;-)BTW, Great forum!Jorgen

Jorgen,I can't answer the majority of your questions here, but I will say that Shift-T doesn't appear to be an option in FU3. As for the problem with the patch, I suspect that you are using the incorrect version. What version of FU3 do you have (US,UK or German) ? Download the relevant patch for the version that you have, and then you should have no problems.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Jorgen,Firstly, welcome to this GREAT forum and congrats on using FU3. Your simming life will never be the same.I do apologise for my e-mail address being out of order for several months already. However, you can e-mail me by clicking on the mail icon on the top right hand part of this window or use: hennie.van.rooyen@honeywell.com instead.4. No, the Windhawk is based on the original FU3 Windhawk - at least it was my basis. In my opinion, the default FU3 aircraft are way too easy to fly. I've made them heavier, added ground roll resistance, dampened the nosewheel steering, aileron and elevator control, changed the drag and flap settings, changed the engine power etc. until it felt more real to me at least. This hold true for all my FU3 creations. Some like them, some don't.5. I am no expert in panels although I've created a few from scratch. The latest panel uses Tom Wunder's excellent panel. My Barons before the latest one uses Steve Hess's also excellent panel. Maybe these gents would care to comment, else I'll look into it.6. Same applies.7. I use Markus Brunner's Plane unlimited software for the physics - hopefully someone will post a link. Then I use Gideon's Cockpit Designer for cockpits and Paintshop Pro for repaints of the body.8. Yes, but ONLY by using the Plane Unlimited software as mentioned above.9. No, unfortunately not (believe me, I've tried) The only way is to build it from scratch and then use any of the existing FU3 models as a starting point for your new flight physics.I hope this helps somewhat.Regards,Hennie

Thanx guys for the quick response so far.Hennie, that's the reason I liked your Baron over the FU3 Windhawk. Being used to the FU2 Baron, The FU3 Windhawk can be flown with eyes closed and without hands. Landing the FU2 baron correctly on a small runway gives a good feeling ;-)

Hi,No link here, but you can search the FU3 section of library for file name "fu3physiks.zip". Other files you need or may find usefull are "fu3plane.zip", "fu3cmds.zip", and "fu3bch2.zip". You may want to take a look in "fu3rengd.zip" and "fu3white.zip".Regards,Jokke