Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

Early beta preview pack V0.01 of new AI planes is here

Guest Ansgar

Hello FU3 friends,as stated before in my "AI status thread" I would like if some of you give me an feedback if that is OK what we are doing here...I just uploaded a first early beta software package to my homepage:http://ansgar.avermeyer.bei.t-online.de/be...1Models_RES.exe(pls. notice that there are underlines! and no spaces in the gaps of the filename!)The file is packed as exe-file to have an maximum high compression for it. The models.res is more then 12MByte filesize and is reduced to approx. 1,4MByte as exe-file now!Pls. extract it to any temporary directory and read the attached readme.txt carefully before installing it.I

Ansgar,Hi you asked for feedback on the new AI models in your beta version.Here goes,The new trainer is great! The arrow I couldn't tell much difference.The new Concorde paint job is really nice and the model looks fine to me.once in a while a trainer will be shown but the model is a helicopter with the rotors not movind,the engine sounds from the trainer.this can be seen from a number of different airports. I installed the new AI enhancement package from the AVSIM library.I used the quick install.just to let you know what's in there. I only have Chris Lows Airports 3 package installed as far as scenery addons so far.the new paint jobs look really good especially the Ryans Air.the LGA two hundred says Phoenix on the side.the fokker looks really nice but sounds like a helo.and ctrl-l shows it as outlaw one.the Windhawk paint job is really terrific and the model looks really great.the ignited airlines red paint scheme is great as well.the citation jet looks the same to me hexagon engines and all.this one needs some work.thank you so much for your work on these AI planes I'm really looking forward to the next versions! Oh by the way I didn't notice a significant change in the frame rates,and I'm currently running a LOW end system. dell 266 with ati rage pro 2 mb video :-jumpy :-wave Ralph B

Guest glidernut

Hi Ansgar,Im a bit whery of doun lowding .exe files, but yours was a OK, nice and simpl.A good way of doing it.I dont use the airports much, in fact I avoied the big ones likeSea-Tac all to gether.So I not notis wether or not theres any diferans in frame rate.Its always a bit low at places like that."Is it acceptable ?"Yes.Well it woudent do for us all to be the same, would it ?But your AI enhansment is not compleetly wasted on me, I do likeveriaety and the odd serprise.Thank you very much, its apreesheeated.By the way, would it posibl to use the stemme model in fled ?wheels up or doun, or bowth ?glidernut.:-wave

Hi Ansgar:Your package is fantastic!!. I could give a large list of positive comments but accepting the fact that it is a Beta version, let me list some of my findings, requiring a revision. 1. Shoppers appear with "Trainer Three Uniform Kilo" labels.2. Extended front wheel of Arrow appears separated from fuselage. A small separation is also shown in some of the larger aircraft.3. In frontal view F5 for some Heavies (i.e.Phoenix and Airplastic etc.) the wings, elevator and rudder surfaces appear very thin.4. Renegade elevator and Trainer rudder surfaces not finished.5. In 747 when looking from behind the outside engines appear (uncomfortably) bigger than the inside ones.6. Beechjet engines not detailed, and wing's leading edge is flat square, this also for Arrow, and Mustang elevator.7. The addition of VIPER ONE (the flying saucer), should be included as an option, in case someone (me) may not want it in the active runways.8. Airplastic Airways plane appear with Lufthansa tail.9. Underneath of Arrow's wings appear with fuel caps and non-slippery step-in surface.10. Helicopters moving on runways overtake (crash) other AI planes.Thanks SO MUCH for this work. The quality of FU3 simulation is raised even more.Regards, Polov

Guest Ansgar

Hi together,very fine that you like the new possibilities, and it seems that the framerate hit is acceptable. Pls. notice, that the framerate is only dropping harder if there are plenty of B747

Ansgar,I'm really looking forward to your finished package. Don't get rid of the AI Beechjet, but do add a detailed Starship ! Also, I wouldn't worry too much about reduced framerates. In short, if your framerates are getting too low........then buy a more powerful PC ! :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My opinion is :B 747 Phoenix is best.:-cool Excalibur could be more coloured.I'm using Jokke's aimodel and I'd like to have second Cessna ( or other plane ) insted of Chinook.When I press ctrl+l I can see :LGA ... & Phoenix textured planePhoenix ... & Ignited textured planeParadox ... & Excalibur textured planeso the textures must be at incorrect places ( ? )I'm very glad of your work.B.Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hello Bogdan,Yep! The Phoenix outfit needed a bit of my time. ;-)Especially the round contour at the rudder, because this is the same for more then only one plane.You

Ansgar,YES! make a Ryan Air B747-400! thats an outstanding paint scheme! :-wave Ralph B

Ansgar,Ryanair do NOT have 747's ! To be honest, I would LOVE to see your 747-400 in the British Airways colour scheme. This would be more realistic, since BA really do have 747-400's.One other point here. Since you will not be able to provide all of the fictional airlines in FU3 for each plane, it would probably be a good idea to spread these airlines out between the new detailed airliners. I think that you have three for the 737, so a different selection for each of the 747, 757, 777, DC10 and MD88 aircraft would be great. Oh, and might I suggest replacing the MD88 with a high detail version of the better looking MD87 ? Since this is a bit shorter than the MD88, it looks rather better.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.737 Ryanair, Lufthansa747 British Airways, Lufthansa757 JMC Air, American Trans Air777 Delta, British AirwaysDC10 Northwest, CondorMD87 Scandinavian, DeltaConcorde British Airways, Air France

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Chris,OK, one YES, one No to Ryan-Air for the B747. It seems we need some more meanings on this to decide... ;-)Chris I planned 5 liveries for each (the old ones have 9 each). So you can make your list longer...and looooooooooonger :DSure we can make all planetypes having different liveries to each other. But this makes the things not easier for us (or better me). We need to change then also all the sounds and callsigns around if we want to be correct. It

Ansgar,I included the suggestions for real liveries on the basis that you would be including two for each plane. Another CRACKING livery for the 747-400 would be Virgin Atlantic's new colour scheme. I have just seen a 747-200 this Saturday at Manchester Airport, and it looked very impressive.Concorde should be restricted to British Airways and Air France colours. It really wouldn't look right in anything else.Another suggestion for the 757-200 would be the superb looking American Airlines Astrojet colours (far better than AA's existing colour scheme).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My opinion is that even if you make KLM or other liveries, you could add small original name like Paradox, Peerles etc for correct sound groups. Sorry, but I'm not glad that you don't make MD 88. It's my favorite plane ( with B 747 ). For me it's not long. I like this plane in FS very much.B. Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hi Chris,I agree the Virgin-livery is very nice and has an great red/white contrast, so we take it for our B747-400 instead RyanAir!The Concorde scheme-no discussion about that, I agree! ;-)The B757 AA-AstroJet I didn

Ansgar,I am pretty sure that someone could provide you with the Astrojet colour scheme. It's almost certain that this particular livery will have been used on an FS2000 or FS2002 aircraft.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png