Sign in to follow this  
misgav

FU3 newcomer basic questions

Actually, I had fu3 two years ago, but it was off my hard disk until now.So, a few issues which I need to be refreshed about.1. A hotkey to show taxiing path from parking position to RWY threshold?2. Flying without flightplan from KSLC to KSFO. Approaching SFO, how do I access ATC and ILS frequencies during flight?3. In the Beechjet and other ac, I type in a com or nav frequency, but a few moments later, it reverts to the default frequency. 4. Is there any tutorial on how to install planes and sceneries in fu3, or is it simple and exlained in the readme file of the download?Your help please.Eytan

1. ALT+F122. Press M to go to map view. Left-Click on (or right-click if that doesn't work..I actually don't remember) the airport you want info about and ILS info should pop up.3. Strange. Never happened to me. Do you press Enter after typing in the frequency?4. For planes, you just copy the .res file into the plnpile folder of Flight3. Sceneries are a bit tricky to install. Most of the time, the readme explains how to install.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Thanks. Didn't know about this one-" Do you press Enter after typing in the frequency?". Guess that's why my entry didn't stick!Eytan

When isntalling add-on scenery, be aware that they can sometimes cause FU3 to crash. Install scenery packs one at a time, checking after each install that FU3 doesn't crash. If it crashes, you just uninstall the package that caused FU3 to crash.If you install several packages at once, and FU3 crashes, you have no idea which one is causing FU3 to crash.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP