Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

STOL Aircraft Part 2

I am still amazed that anyone could stop the 747 at Bonny Doon Village before the runway ends. Having tested the Beechjet extensively recently, I can say with complete confidence that I have absolutely no chance whatsoever of stopping this aircraft within 2500 feet using the thrust reversers and toe brakes. I need to use the awesomely powerful parking brake :-) to enable this.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chris,Well you might just try... I only used toe brakes (no parking brake), and the aircraft was still loaded with more or less 65% of fuel... but I was quite fast in applying the reversers.And don't worry, you won't hurt anyone, as everyone there has run away like the wind when they saw my 747 approaching low... ;-)Cristian

Cristian,I have revised my list of "Beechjet friendly" airports. I have removed any with stupidly narrow runways like Spanaway, and also disposed of anything below 2500 feet (with the exception of Sonoma Skypark). I will see if I can produce any world class airport videos for your amusement :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Hey Chris; Bonny Doon with the 747 was fun, glad that you suggested it. Only took 1/2 a runway with just toe brakes, no thrusters.I've also had it in and out of Ranger Creek, that's a fun one also !Jim