Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

seattle region won't load

Guest Motormouse

Hi guys,my FuIII seattle region won't load, I can get sanfran to load ok,but with seattle I get 'crash to desktop'.The last thing I was doing was adding some more 3d models to fled packages, so I removed all my packages,but still no go.(and fled won't run now either..get an illegal operation message).any ideas before I go for a re-install?:-wavePete

Don't even hesitate Pete. I'd go for the re-install....no questions asked.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

FLED is not tolerant or robust at all - it often does things like this. But you need to have a system of backups, so that you can keep developing scenery. When you have restored your system, make a copy of your PACKAGES folder somewhere safe (eg c:flightBACKUPS), and as you make major changes and test them, update with the latest working version.If you DO reinstall, you can save yourself some time by first making copies of your planes (folder PLNPILE), weather files, previously working downloaded packages etc into a TEMP folder, then recopying these to their correct folders after installation. Otherwise you have to reinstall everything. Other folders you might like to copy: - your REGIONSGROBJSNDS folders for each region - your REGIONSGEN folders - your challenges and recordings folders - your pilot folder with your logbookFor long distance flying, its probably better to reinstall MarkusBrunner's package, but be careful loading Chris' packages if you do - add his changes, rather than replace the files to do with AI. And get your backup system organised!Rob D.

Robert,I have everything backed up on zip disk.......all packages, upgraded airports, modified planes, new planes, modified aiplan and airspace files etc. Re-installing is really easy....apart from remembering which animated objects, windsocks and other default objects I have deleted !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Likewise I've got everything safe on cd-rom!!!re-install it was :-(have everything up and running again shortly,now where'd I put that backup cd......:-wavePete