Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

The 8th UK CD is ready...

Guest Quaxo

I have finished today editing the various final files. Now I'll look again into everything, to see if I left something out... But I think tonight I'll burn it. If I keep on waiting and on adding tiny bits and modifications, it will never see the light... so, I better pack it up now and leave new modifications for future update discs!New in this disc are: A huge new hi-res area, finally connecting the East and West parts; a completely redone elevation model (now finally without pits/pyramids, and with better hills); the Heathrow airport; the Needles package; a corrected classification in a lot of places (to fix the "wet runways" problem); a basic collection of navaids and beacons; a new in-flight VOR map; new tools; and other things I'm probably forgetting now.This disc will come with an easier install method, which won't require the user to install all the previous versions sequentially; you'll just have to unzip the contents of this last disc, and then to unzip the terrain files from the previous CD's, without further editing.This took me quite a long time... Time to take a rest now! :)Cristian

Guest Rich Wren

Fantastic news Cristian, time to take a break from building and actually fly the sim again.Thanks again to everyone for all the work you've put into this. I look forward to getting hold of it.Cheers,Rich

Looking forward to flying over southern England! Quaxo, I sent you an email explaining that the map you requested was on back order. If this drags on I'll just send you some Euros directly.Hans Petter

Guest twsimfan

Cristian,You must have hundreds of hours into this. I think we all need to take a moment to thank you for your efforts.From me personally... Thank You! :-sun1

Guest qvdg

Excellent news Cristian ! - I think you know my postal address by now ;)Sincere congratulations on bringing this project to fruition. I think thanks to your efforts our little community will be able to spend many many hours flying over truly extraordinary scenery. Have a well earned breakQuentin

Guest DLM

I would like to join in saying Thank You!I know you have spent countless hours bringing us the UK scenery, not a small thing to our little close community in IMO.I say you can lean back put your feet up before you consider dealing with the shipping all over the globe ;-)This remninds me, if you remeber i asked you of a copy during the chat? I am serious about making that exchange. I send you a chunk of gjetost (or two?), you send me the 8 CD

Guest Quaxo

I had already burned 12 CDs - when I realized I made a mistake!!! GRRRR!!! :-fume 12 CD's in the trash... And hours of burning wasted... :-(Oh well, at least I realized that before sending the discs... But now I'll have a 1-day delay, to fix the mistake and to burn the new discs... Sorry guys...! Cristian

Well!I want to Congrate Cristian and Agtim for this huge upgrade forthe scenery,- Agtim for making the tools available, and for Cristianto have the time and scills to make it all done.They both deserve a huge THANK'S from all Of the FU-flight'sentusiasm on the internet.This FU3 sim was intended to die a year ago/2years?, but some of the talented people out there did magic things to it.That's why I still vote for FU3 as the TOP3 sim for anyone.If you have a good Videocard And A internet connection, this simwill still be one of the greatest.I.M.O. also the best seaplane sim. ever produced.Have fun!Lars Peter.