Sign in to follow this  

German messages in Engpile

Hello,I had some messages in German when I play FU3 with my UK-South scenery.Example : Hitting Space without starting the engine give me the following message : "Ihr Funkger

You have to correct the wav file, not text IMO. They are vcontrol or something like it, I don't remember.B.Adamski

Guest Quaxo

Roland,Yes, I noticed that too. It happened because Andr

I get that too.Time to see how much I remember from the german at school :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Steffen

Hi guys,you're right, you'll have to correct the wav-files in order to get "Ampsterdam" right. Those are stored in vcomctrl.res (in Flight3GENPILE). So you'll need to open UK's vcomctrl.res, res-file ID 1388 for Amsterdam and play around with that sounds...I'm currently working half-heartedly at a MS-Excel sheet that lists EVERY spoken word and sound in FU3. With that list, creating "own" spoken words and phrases (like I did with the tower voice in the Reno Racing Challenge) gets much easier. So that list will come handy when sounds/names for new AI planes, new planes, new airports, etc. are to be created. Any volunteers joining me with that task are very much welcome - otherwise it might still take some time for that complete list to be finished and uploaded to the Library...Blue Skies, Steffen

Kein Problem, wir verstehen auch Deutsch, nicht wahr?If not we can probably ask that doctor or pharmacist that Steffen keeps referring to :-)Hans Petter

Thank you. The text "Ampsterdam" is stored in the file VCOMCTRL.RES in the "File 1" where all the words FU3 is using are stored. I export it, modify it then import. that's OK.Best regardsRoland Wagener

Hi Steffen,l would like to help you out, l have MS-Excel but you would have to help me at the start. l am a member of the VIP3 that design aircraft textures for FS2002, they are used for seeing other aircraft when you are flying online with Vatsim. RegardsSteve Atkinson