Sign in to follow this  

fu3

can someone give me a hand in assigning functions to my joystick buttons?...please

You'll want to set up a joykeys.cfg. Any patched version of FU3 will read the joykeys.cfg. Mine currently reads:;joy_1 toggle_parking_brakes;joy_2 reverse_thrust;joy_3 flaps_up;joy_4 flaps_down ;joy_3 Elevator_Trim_Down;joy_4 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_1 toggle_parking_brakesjoy_2 Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_3 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_4 reverse_thrustjoy_5 flaps_upjoy_6 flaps_down ; reassign keys for miracle up and down to allow other use of page up and page down keys- miracle_down= miracle_up; use page up and page dn keys next to key pad for flaps up and down, easier to findpageup flaps_uppagedown flaps_down; uses del key next to keypad to landing gear -- also easier to find than G keydel toggle_landing_gear; use one key to ©ycle radio frequencies rather than Alt-Fc Auto_Tune_Radio; turns off (m) map key cause on my system using 800x600 if I go to map(640x 480)in flight the video goes; haywire and flight must be aborted. Makes me do better job of flight planning so not a bad deal.;Key_m off-------------------------------The ones with a semicolon prededing the line are commented out. You may elect to enable some of them. You may also want to use other buttons for the various commands. In any event, this list shows the most important command lines.best regards,Hans Petter

If Mr Petter's reply looks too complicated :-) then could you provide us with an idea of the functions that you would like to assign to your joystick buttons ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, I have to object here--I'm not "Mr Petter". That's my middle name rather than my surname. I answer to Hans, Hans Petter or Honz :-)Here's the bare bones of my joykeys.cfg:joy_1 toggle_parking_brakesjoy_2 Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_3 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_4 reverse_thrustjoy_5 flaps_upjoy_6 flaps_down

Hans,I apologise for the misunderstanding. Now, if you'll just provide me with your REAL surname, I will address you by your proper name. :-)By the way, were you assuming that some of my Seattle airfields were fictional ? I'm not really keen on fictional airfields, and I suspect that you aren't either.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png