Sign in to follow this  

Traduction des messages

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just want to stress the importance of not relying on an automatic translation to reproduce idiomatic expressions. If one doesn't quite understand what a poster wants to convey a word by word translation will hardly clear up ambiguities. Another point is that the automatic translation will miss any misspelled word, even though native speakers and others will understand the misspelling, provided they have a good command of the language in question. Further, colloquial terms do not translate well. This is a very friendly forum. Everybody here is devoted to furthering the Flight Unlimited sims, improve on them and expand them. Thus, if you seem to perceive hostility or negative remarks please check twice and ask again. It's very likely that the perceived disagreement stems from a language problem or misunderstanding. Actually, the world of international diplomacy is troubled by this very problem -- people think that they understand but they misjudge the tone of the message / are unaware of alternative meanings of words :-)Just for fun, here's an automatic translation into French. I'm quite sure that a lot of it looks odd to French speakers,Je viens de vouloir accentuer l'importance de pas se reposer sur une traduction automatique pour reproduire des expressions idiomatiques. Si celui ne comprend pas tout

Yes/oui/ja/etc...I have had a good laugh at this many times. You translate from English to Portuguese, then through French and German back to English. The results will have you rolling on the floor :-xxrotflmaoe.g. English-German-French-English (using the same software):Original:"For instance, this simulator is not as modern as some, but it has a certain quality which makes it appealing. I am very satisfied with it."Result:"For example, this simulator is not as modern as some-a, but it has certain quality, the standards satisfying to him. I am much with him."Got a laugh out of me... ;) For those who are into this sort of thing, search the web for 'English as she is spoke'. An English-French translation written by someone who only knew Portuguese :-eek Anyway, I will try my best to understand everyone as best I can. In the meantime, please be assured that I have only good intentions with the forum and especially this (FFF) group :-)PS What's a suitable French livery for a Dash-8?:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I think you'll find that should be "English as she is spoken" :-)Translating from English into English is such hard work :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Chris,No, really! It's THAT bad."English as he is spoke" :-lolI made an error though, it was a Portuguese-English phrasebook, written using a Portuguese-French dictionary and a French-English one!Turns out it's better than Babelfish - but that's not hard. This is why I don't 'pretend', I just stick to English ;)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hello All,Must I believe that there is no fan FU3 in Portugal? You are despairing the linguists "British", on the other hand your comments are full with wisdom and of experiment... But I see that I was included/understood. Do not have concern Hans, I for a long time learned how to question my perception of the things, before questioning the things themselves.I particuli