Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Endless work...........

You know, I'm going to be REALLY happy when I finally complete my latest batch of airfield upgrades. Night after night of adding trees, positioning logs with laser guided accuracy, deleting dotted lines, adding tractor tyres, swearing at FLED........it all gets a bit much sometimes. I have a list in front of me at the moment with a total of THIRTEEN airfields on it, all of which still need new runways constructing (and by this I mean adding logs and/or tyres), which is something that is likely to take me another week to ten days to accomplish. Then I need to go back and start adding other bits and pieces to ALL of the airfields that I am upgrading (we're looking at around TWENTY-FIVE here).....stuff like fences, hangars, fuel tanks, light towers.....blah blah blah.I know I'll be proud of myself when it's all done, but I'm looking forward to being able to do other stuff. You know, actually FLYING in FU3, and also messing around with Grand Prix Legends and Rally Trophy. Unfortunately, I have a time limit with respect to this upgrade lark, so that has to come first.Anyway, I'm looking forward to speaking to everyone that can be bothered to join the chat on Saturday :-) Feel free to ask questions about anything regarding my latest upgrades. You might not get the answers that you're looking for but, well......it's good to talk ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,Don't let the FLED grind you down!You CAN beat it...you CAN!After the last tree there is always another one...opps..not helping!Just enjoy being God and saying which tree can stay or go!I am going to get filton done but I have a smaller circle...PS can you do Nurburgring in under 10 mins yet? That'll stop you working on Fled for a month if you get that bug!!Rob

Rob,I have so far tested ONE track in Grand Prix Legends (Kyalami). Unfortunately, I was using the keyboard to control the car, because my joystick is failing. Obviously, playing a racing game using the keyboard to control the car is a stupid idea, so I haven't played it since. To be honest though, I just haven't had the time to play it (or Rally Trophy). My spare time is occupied with FLED at the moment.When I finish these upgrades (and get a new joystick), I will start playing around with GPL. I have all of the car upgrades, and a few extra tracks ready to be installed (including that very interesting looking Isle of Man track).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

ChrisGPL is one of those games that really really tests you. It is completely unforgiving. Just finishing 19th out of 20 is an achievement.Kyalami looks an easy track...sure you can get round it but to get any speed....Suggest you start at Monza (as with any GP game) or GPL Watkins Glen.If you can get a wheel, I'd suggest it...if you love driving then it will bring the Rally Games to life...especially force feedback! You feel when you've landed on a patch of snow as the front wheels slide and you head off into the scenery.Was playing GPL last night...compared each others laptimes at spa and trying to work out which corners we are slower than each other thru....my best is 3.31 at spa ....I have some tracks (including castle coombe) but haven't played with the cars much....they are bad enough as they are!!!!ANyway...best not pick GPL up...you can see why filton is taking it's time!!!!I might still take you up on that offer of looking at the airport as I am still getting handoffs to ground before I touch down...Robs.

Rob,Looking at Filton could be tricky at the moment, since I don't have the UK scenery installed !Chris Low,ENGLAND.