Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Delta Airpark

Mike Magatagan's FU2 airports document states that the runway at Delta Airpark is 2600 feet long. However, it is clearly obvious to anyone who attempts to land or take-off here that the runway is probably the shortest in the entire FU3 world. So, are the statistics in the document right or wrong ? Is the runway supposed to be 2600 feet long, or much shorter (probably half that length if the dirt strip in the SanFran scenery region is accurate) ?My reason for posting this is simply that I have just made a short flight from Flying B Ranch to Delta Airpark in the Beechcraft Baron (with Steve's new panel), and the lack of runway at Delta is frightening. In fact, I had to use the parking brakes to stop the plane smashing into the FBO ! Even so, the plane still overshot the runway a short distance, and I managed to stop it halfway from the runway end to the FBO. This runway certainly seems shorter than that at Flying B Ranch, even though the latter is only supposed to be 1385 feet long :-eekChris Low.(Everyone knows I'm from England) :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,I think I ran off the end of it once - I agree about the length. I can land the GeeBee ther OK though - just :-eek I must admit I haven't been there for ages. I might try gliding there sometime - the L-13 lands in about 500ft ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************