Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Seattle 2004 feedback

I would be interested in any feedback from those of you who managed to download my Seattle 2004 pack before it was removed from the FU3 file library. Have you managed to install the pack successfully ? Did the import.bat file (this was supposed to flatten the terrain at three airfields) work correctly ? Do you like the upgrades that I have made ?Many thanks,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, you know the status of my Ranger Creek but I never ran any import.bat. Please tell me which other airports I need to check.best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,The import.bat file should flatten the terrain at Coupeville NOLF, Clover Park TC, and Auburn Academy. If you have already flattened Coupeville NOLF, the routine will not affect this.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Right, I remember now :-) My Coupeville Nolf has been flat since Agtim posted the elevation fix. The two others have elevated models (Aburn Academy) or sinking models (Clover Park TC). I ran the geo fix again but nothing changed. Still, this elevation issue doesn't matter for the runways -- the first one is a just a paddock while the paved runway at CP looks fine. Thus, I would like to try to "wiggle" the models and see if they snap to elevation. This Glidernut-approved trick worked well for levitated buildings in Switzerland.I've already launched FLED, trying to find the correct spots. It would help immensely if you posted the exact coordinates (lats/long) since I've been all over the southeastern corner of the Seattle region now to no avail :-) I have bookmarked Ranger Creek and would like to bookmark all of the Seattle airports. Is there a way to upload FLED bookmarks so we can all share them? best regards,Hans Petter

After some furher testing we may conclude that Clover Park TC does have a serious elevation problem. I saw some buildings sunk into the terrain but the runway seemed smooth. But then, my view looked a bit 747ish for a Baron as I took off. I turned back and landed and popped outside to check how it looked. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/38257.jpgWell, the runway IS smooth :-) Nice AI aircraft in the background -- I guess it's a Hercules.Hans Petter

Hans,If you open the import.bat file with Notepad, you will notice three sets of tagwrite commands. Clover Park TC is situated in megatile adac. Would you mind removing the other two sets of tagwrite instructions (leaving just the three for adac), and then running the import.bat file again ? After this has been done, can you check Clover Park TC again, and see if the elevation problems have been fixed ? Remember to back up your geotiles.tag file first !To be honest, I would be prepared to upload my own geotiles.tag files to the AVSIM FU3 file library. Even when zipped, they are still around 20Mb in size, but at least I know that these have the corrected elevations !Let me know if you (or anyone else) would like me to do this.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hey, 20 MB would take me a full 5 min to download :-)However, I might try to run the fix again, deleting anything but the commands pertaining to adac.Hans Petter

Just tried it but it didn't work. Something is flawed in that geotile update. If you could make a spanned zip of your geotiles.tag I might receive it as an email attachment (limit, 10 MB). Otherwise you might always upload it to Avsim. Since you pulled the Seattle 2004 there might not be many people who want your geotiles.tag but it shouldn't hurt if other simmers download it. Hans Petter

Hmmm....maybe I didn't read Andre's instructions carefully enough. I will have to check with him regarding this. As for splitting the geotiles.tag file into multiple chunks, how do I do this ? I assume that I need some kind of separate utility that can do this ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jsplit is in your mailbox. With this small utility you can make spanned zips. Just follow the instructions and send me (us) a few chunks at the time. Hans Petter