Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gideon P

Releasing Source Code of my FU3 Utilities

Guest Gideon P

Hi guys,Due to lack of time I can no longer continue developing my FU3 utilities.For the benefit of the FU3 community,I have decided to release the full source-code of all my utilities.You can download the source-code from my site at http://gpdev.net(direct link: http://gpdev.net/Downloads/FU3Utils_Source_gp.zip )The .zip file contains the source-code for the following applications:FLITEModelViewPropEdResViewerCockpit DesignerThe ResViewer code is for the unreleased 1.35 version and includesthe begining of a visual prop editing dialog (unfinished)If you have any questions about the code, please ask in this thread or email me. I will do my best to answer all the questions.Gideon

Guest Stearman

>Due to lack of time I can no longer continue developing my FU3>utilities.Hi Gideon, that's a major piece of bad news, indeed.Aside from the prop editor, I was really hoping you could include a complete flight model import/export utility within ResViewer...Worst of all, anyway, would be losing contact with you. I hope that won't be the case. In my eyes, you're who made possible all the past & current activity around FU3, and as a consequence, the very existence of our small but enthusiastic community.Thanks for all you've done for us,best regards.

Hello Gideon!I agree with "Stearman".Using your utilities for this sim made this to a BIG step forwards.You have made this sim and this web.sites to a living place with a lotof new fun and we all have been able to make more important addons all the time.I hope we will hear more from you in the future!I also hope like you,- the "Electronic Arts" would be a Gentleman, and release their source.code,- or do another great sim of this serie.Best regards.Lars Peter. :-wave

Thanks for these essential utilities Gideon. It's great that you release the source codes for your FU3 utilities but we all know that this means that you'll no longer update them. Still, I hope you'll pop in every now and then. In many ways this old sim has taken leaps forward lately and we ain't done yet :-) My best wishes for the future Gideon, FU3wise and otherwise...shalom,Hans Petter

Guest twsimfan

Gideon,It is good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear that you wont be able to continue to contribute to this community... but as the others have said this community probably would exist at all without your massive contributions thus far.I too hope that you will find time to stop by now and again.

Hi Gideon,This are good and bad news together.Currently I have still time to continue for contribution to FU3.I just start with FLED-Files analyzer tools, now with your source it will be possible to directly view the model in my FLED Viewer tool and not just the name and parameters. Calling your model Viewer with my tree view of the .mod files and of the moving objects can create a quick tool for Package modification without FLED.So I hope this will help and your code part will also be active in new FU3 tools avoiding a total redesign of the 3D-Views.Your name will be included in such new tools, hope you agree this usage. And hope see you back to FU3 one day.Thanks a lot for all :-wave agtim

Guest Dann

Gideon,It is safe to say, without the contributions you have made to Flight Unlimited, it would have been shelved a long, long time ago.Thanks for all the hard work and wonderful tools.Dan

Guest Ansgar

Hello Gideon,puuuuuhhhhh, - take a deep breath - most is said above, but as a key-/ and power user of your absolutely great tools I want to say a few words from my side also: I read this post from you with one tear in the eye. On the other hand it

Guest CaptRolo

Gideon ;It's been good years For FU3 with you giving the tools to make our flight sim better than it was . I understand that our daily lives go on and change ,I feel that I know you as a friend and will miss you . Please stop by once in a while to say hello .Your contributions to this community are priceless . You are a Legend in your own Time.CaptRolo

Guest DLM

Gideon,I still remember the day when the FU3 community went crazy over the first repaint...Today we have new barrier breaking aircraft like the 747 and the SR71.Whitout you probably neither would be possible. Nuf

Guest glidernut

Hi Gideon,What can I say, its all been sed abouv.Saying thankyou just isnt inuf.We all moov on eventualy, but you mor than any one els can always look backand say to yourself that you mabe a diferance.You are one of thoes peopl that managed to make a lot of peopl very hapyhear in FU3.So its not goodby, bicous you will allways be hear in spirit.Every time your tools are used you will be remembered.Hels bels, this ante right, Iv got it sounding like youv got one foot in the grave.I think Im going to cry.You cum back nouw and agen and say "Hi guys".And let us know what your doing?Wishing you every sucses in life, From a very very grateful glidernut.:-wave

Guest Staggerwing

Thank you Gideon, you've done so much for FU pilots !

Guest R_Driscoll

I have to add my appreciation to all of the others. Your ModelViewer utility has made the current generation of FU3 models possible, and this could not have been done without it. I would use your program 20 or 30 times an evening if I am building a new model. Thankyou very much for all of your efforts!But keep popping in to see us. You are in good company here!RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Sniff, sniff...All I can say is to thankyou for all the work you've done over the years. Your software has become indispensable to me - heck, last night I used Resviewer 9 times! As Rob mentioned above, Modelview is also indispensable to us modellers :-)I also thank you for the helpful advice you have given me when I have bombarded you with questions.Please pop in some time to say hello (and catch-up on the latest developments, of course ;) )Wishing yourself and your family all the best for the future.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Gideon P

Everyone, thank you for the kind words.I hope that the very talented people in this community can use the source-code in their own creations.It may even save them some development time, so everyone gets their treats faster :)If someone wants to continue working on ResViewer/CockpitDesigner and release new (free) versions - you have my blessing.The fact that FU3 is still alive (and getting better every day) says a lot about the spirit and dedication of this community - keep up the good work!Gideon