Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Seattle 2004 and McChord AFB

Those of you who use my Seattle 2004 pack are probably aware that McChord AFB suffers from a serious freezing problem (around TEN seconds on my PC) shortly after take-off or landing. This happens when the taxiway lines and lights are either switched on or off automatically. This is clearly an unacceptable situation, so I have been experimenting with the removal of several nearby packages to improve performance.I have managed to reduce the duration of this annoying "freeze" from TEN seconds to only THREE seconds. This isn't perfect, but it is clearly better ! If you would like to emulate this, then remove the following packages from your FLIGHT3/PACKAGES folder:-PACEMAKER LZ (if you have this)CLOVER PARK TCMOSS FIELDSHADY ACRESSPANAWAYPlease note that you only need to delete the PACKAGES for Shady Acres and Spanaway. You do NOT need to remove the S44 and WA61 airport folders in your FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/AIRPORTS folder.Chris Low.PS. If anyone would like the updated version of my McChord AFB package (including runway overrun lighting, AI modifications, and deleted redundant sections of taxiway lines and taxiway centreline lighting), then just e-mail me at the following address:-Christopher.Low@btinternet.com

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png