Sign in to follow this  
Guest habu2

My FU3 Simulator

Guest habu2

Hi guys, this is my first post to this forum. I have been browsing the threads for a few days, and thought I'd submit my first post.I have been involved with flight simulation since 1983, first at Rediffusion, and most recently with Boeing - with a lot of stops in between. Back in 1997 I was approached by American Airlines to build a flight simulator exhibit for their C.R. Smith Museum near DFW airport in Texas. In 1998 I delivered a Beech Sundowner fuselage converted into a simulator, and using FU2 as the simulation. Later I upgraded the simulator to FU3. I have a webpage describing the simulator at http://www.habu2.net/crsmith/cr_smith.htmI have been asked by the museum to upgrade the simulator again, so I started chasing FU threads on the net. I assumed FU3 was dead until I saw the recent issue of PC Pilot and discovered this forum. While most of the upgrade will be a faster computer and bigger/better display, I plan to stick with FU3 and I would like to include some of the work accomplished by the folks in this forum. The museum simulator sits only a few feet from a restored American Airlines DC-3, so if I can learn how to do new paint jobs from the information here, I may try to duplicate the markings of their DC-3 for use in the simulator.I'll answer any questions I can about the sim, and I will probably be asking quite a few too as this new phase progresses.

Guest jonpoint

Whoa!Every now and then, someone pops up who makes my pale efforts in simulation even paler by comparison :-eekI too have some 'real' sim experience but the only sim I was involved as an engineer in was the F-111. I did the sound system hardware design and testing. I won't bore everyone with the details but it was a lot of fun ;)So, (Greg?) if I can assist you with any issues regarding FU3, let me know. Ansgar Avermeyer created 'our' DC3 and there is a historic DC3 AA livery as well! As to your museum simulator, I'm speechless...We have lots to contibute, just look through the library. You 'did right' to post here on Avsim - I believe it's the FU3 'hub' at the moment.PS Your website is very interesting! I spent about 30 minutes browsing through it. Thanks for the link ;)Regards, ******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Motormouse

>I have been asked by the museum to upgrade the simulator>again, so I started chasing FU threads on the net. I assumed>FU3 was dead until I saw the recent issue of PC Pilot and>discovered this forum. While most of the upgrade will be a>faster computer and bigger/better display, I plan to stick>with FU3 and I would like to include some of the work>accomplished by the folks in this forum. You might want to get a bigger hard drive,there's Switzerland and Uk scenery,Jon and Rob's 3d models and flyables, Dhc-8 and soon Twin-OtterAnsgar's 747,Dc3 and AI packsPanel updates by Steve Hess,and did I mention Chris Low yet, singlehandedly rebuilding airports for the entire Pacific Coast :-):-waveand thats' just scratching the surface....Pete

Welcome to the AVSIM FU3 Forum :-waveWell, I can't speak for the rest of the AVSIM FU3 population, but I for one love the thought of some of my airport upgrades being included in a museum flight simulator :-)I look forward to hearing about your progress.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png