Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Here's an idea

Frank Betts has made some search and rescue "sceneries" for FS. He's placed various aircraft out in the boonies, simulating a crash or an emergency landing. Then he provides the approximate whereabouts without pinpointing exactly where it is. Go locate it!We might easily do the same thing by making a small package that places a model somewhere, for instance in the mountainous areas around Seattle. First person to locate the aircraft/ missing person etc wins a virtual prize. How about it?Hans Petter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hans.Good idea.There is already a SAR challange available in the library made byMarkus and Pete(motormouse)??I did spend some hours at the time flying out of KSUU trying to find that missing plane, but did not find anything.I even changed the script for a faster plane. Looks like that littleneedle........Anyone else??Lars Peter.;-)

I tried it out. At first I placed a UFO out in the terrain but I couldn't find it myself. Then I tried the Hindenburg to get something bigger. This one shows from afar but it's partly dug into a hill. Well that's fine for a crash but it may indicate that my UFO might have slipped totally inside a mountain polygon.Anyway, you may download the attachment and try it. Unzip and put it in your packages folder. Here's the deal -- a dirigible has been lost a few miles southeast of Ranger Creek. Can you locate it?Hans Petter

Hans.Yes, located.SAR challenge objects should be about this size I think.Even this could be hard to find in bad weather.Lars Peter.

>Hans.>Good idea.>There is already a SAR challange available in the library made>by>Markus and Pete(motormouse)??>>I did spend some hours at the time flying out of KSUU trying>to find that missing plane, but did not find anything.>I even changed the script for a faster plane. Looks like that>little>needle........>Anyone else??>>Lars Peter.>;-) he he, yes, it was me and Markus.....keep it up you'll find itthere somewhere !I can't remember now where I hid it :-lol, guess I'll have to look it up in the script:-wavePete