Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert_S

Tom Wunder temporarily away

Guest Robert_S

Moderator Tom Wunder has been suddenly called away to Washington state to tend to a personal family situation.He says he will be "out of touch for a few days to a week".I will, of course, be moderating this forum during his absence, and will be checking in here regularly. But if anything needs my attention, please feel free to contact me.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest jonpoint

Bob,I'm sure you'll keep US 'locked in' and the idiots referred to a holding pattern ;)To Tom, I hope everything sorts out OK.:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Robert_S

Jon,Check your Inbox! :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Motormouse

Howdy Bob!!As you know, we're a pretty 'ornery bunch in here :-lol:-wavePete

Guest Robert_S

Greetings, Pete! :-wave[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest twsimfan

Guys,I'm back after having to deal with a family crisis. Thanks Bob for the posts. It might take me a couple of days to get up to speed... especially since I got home at 1:30 this morning and have to be at work at 6:00 tomorrow morning. (-:

Tom,When you have settled back in, I would be interested to know which graphics drivers you use with your ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. I now have a new PC, and this includes a Radeon 9800 Pro. I am currently using the latest Catalyst 4.3 drivers, but I am having difficulty getting FSAA and AF to work in GPL. In addition, I am suffering from a certain degree of "shimmering" of taxiway lines and distant objects, although this isn't excessive. However, it is enough for me to see that my current visuals aren't quite as good as they were when using my GeForce 3 Ti 200.This is obviously a ridiculous situation :-)I have been told that the OMEGA drivers are very good for ATI graphics cards, but I would like to know if there is a reasonable chance that these will solve some (or all) of my problems.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,"I am currently using the latest Catalyst 4.3 drivers, but I am having difficulty getting FSAA and AF to work in GPL."I just checked and I'm using Catalyst 3.6 which was the newest version the last time I worried about it. They work great I have all the FSAA & AF I need thankyou. FU3 was always partial to my old V5500 (still on my old system... need to get it going again) but much of what I run these days wont work on it or at least wont work well. My 9700 Pro is great stuff.I seem to remember you saying that you thought a Concord was at the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field... I can confirm that... saw it with my own eyes. When I was headed to Sea-Tac we had great visibility all the way until we passed just North & West of Mt Rainier then had a cloud layer from about 8,500 feet down to about 2,000 feet. Instead of the normal "line up over the Puyallup Valley & straight on to Sea-Tac 34R" we went out over the sound and up just North of Seattle... turned East... then another right turn lining up with 16L (the other end of 34R). That MapQuest thingie was neat. We dropped out of the clouds at about 2,000' over the North end of Boeing Field... got a great view of the museum... there was a Concord right next to the old 707 based Air Force One. Too bad my digital camera was in the overhead compartment.