Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Slippery Beechjet

Does anyone else have problems with "sliding" planes when moving from the parking spot ? This doesn't happen everywhere, but it seems to have become more severe since I started using FU3 on my new PC. When I apply power to start moving, the plane slides left and right, rather than moving smoothly in a straight line. It is extremely annoying, and if anyone knows a solution then I would be very happy to hear it !Chris Low.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know sliding aircraft from "the" other sim but all my FU III aircraft behave on the ground. Have you changed any controllers (joystick, pedals) or control parameters? Is torque enabled?If you use key commands for turning on the ground rather than pedals I assume that the steering will be less precise. In any event, without torque enabled a plane should run straight unless the runway slopes sideways.Hans Petter

Hans,Steering isn't the problem. As an example, if I start at Concord-Buchanan, I release the brakes and increase the power. At this particular location, the plane will refuse to move for a few seconds....and then lurch forwards. What's more, it slides left and right without me touching any form of steering controls. It doesn't TURN.....it SLIDES :-eekIt's very annoying.Chris Low.

Concord-Buchanan? Where is that? I tried Buchanan in the Frisco region and saw nothing funny. But then, you had no problems either until you got that new piece of hardware. Please advise me which package I need to test this. You may email the package if it's one of the heavy ones that I may have dropped. Hans Petter

Chris,I notice it too! Seems to depend on the area and aircraft. The Dash-8 slides a lot IMO, considering how much 'lateral' drag the wheels have. Actually, I believe this is set too high - hence your MSFS comment regarding ground handling. Must have something to do with the modelling of the extra power required to overcome 'stopped' drag as the plane moves off. I have also noticed it sometimes at larger strips, when trying to line up 100% before applying power. Durn thing slides everywhere :-(Certainly is weird *:-* Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"