Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

More AI previews!

Dear All,I left these out last time so here they are ;)Excalibur (top) and Phoenix (below). I've cleaned-up a few bits on the Phoenix since last week.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79269.jpgDeparting SEA, a new Ignited Dash-8.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79270.jpgFinally... LGS makes a comeback in hi-res! About time, I say. Even though they're 'long gone', these guys still deserve credit for what they started.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79271.jpgBTW, there's still the Paradox one to show you... tomorrow :-rollAnd, that's it! We now have hi-res replacements for everything, with a couple of new AI liveries to boot :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Excellent new liveries Jon - I think there's a few coffee breaks in preparing all of these, and they look superb. I used to hate seeing Paradox / Ignited etc because of the lo-res planes and textures, but with the steady flow of upgrades from Ansgar and yourself they are now honourable members of our flying stable, and a pleasure to queue behind.(And if anyone accuses me of skipping the taxiing stage, jumping the queue and taking off from the grass, I will be most upset. Anyway, I always clean the tyres afterwards).RobD.

Coffee breaks?How about a week of evenings (punctuated by the occasional flight for relief...)??Actually, I timed this. For example, the 'Looking Glass' efile took 3 minutes to edit (from the generic one), the livery took 2.25 hours, including recreating the tail logo from scratch and integrating 2 copies into 'models.res' took 10 minutes. This is pretty typical of all of them - about 2.5-3 hours each.What isn't obvious is the 10+ hours spent reducing polygons (from ~1900 to ~1300) and remapping to use 3 texture files instead of 18, just to get the 'generic' model in the first place! Or the 2 hours playing with different prop effects...Also, bear in mind that I'd already created a Dash-8 AI but lost everything except the base model. It probably would've taken the same time to modify a flyable model (in hindsight, everything is clear...) :-rollSo, all together about 24 hours. Not bad - over 3hrs per night for a week :-eek I'm sure you're familiar with the territory. I've seen the times & dates on your released files! It's nice to know I wasn't the only one still playing with FU3 at 1AM ;)I don't mind, as long as people appreciate what we do :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,That Looking Glass Dash 8 looks great. It would be nice to see Aeroflop and Paradise on one or two of the airliners at a later date.Chris Low.

Chris,There IS a Paradox but no Aeroflop! I have no intention of applying THAT name to anything I do :-lolBTW (and you'll see tomorrow), there is also is a BA(Loganair) and Skybus DHC-6 AIs for UKS. You may be interested to know I've used the 'old' BA livery, which I know you prefer ;):-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,Where did you get the idea that I prefer the old BA livery ? That is not the case.Chris Low.PS. Did you receive my e-mail about the likely cause of the floating FBOs in the SanFran region ?