Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Zenith/Zenair 801 addon aircraft?

Does anybody else fly with these -- they came out fairly early on with the release of FS2002 and I have only just got around to flying them. They are great - wheel, ski and float. A really nice flight model and great for very slow flying. In fact, they have quickly become one of my favourites. Just wish they had a virtual cockpit.Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

BUMP-- well it seems like nobody flies this one. Here are a couple of pictures - one real life one from the Zenith website. For any "low and slow" flyers out there, you should have a look at this one - I find it to be a lot of fun.Barry

Back in the late eighties I logged quite a few hours flying ultralights, including the Challenger, Carrera, Phantom, Eipper MX and MXL, amongst others. I don't recall if the Zenair fits in the ultralight category but it's darned close. Never got to fly one though.I had the Zenair downloaded but never messed around with it much. I had always heard that they had a great reputation and very hard to beat for STOL. I mainly fly virtual DC-3's for DC Airways.When it comes to STOL, low and slow (although I've had a Carrera up to 14,500 asl), excellent visibility and just plain fun flying, ultralights are hard to beatFor low and slow, and EXCELLENT visibility, try one of these.http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...aroah42/16A.JPGhttp://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...haroah42/19.JPGCan be downloaded here at AVSIM, file name:ugyro2.zipCheers!Heather