Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

I can post - wayhay

Guest Robs

Hello all,I can post, I can post - this has taken me so long!I hate when avsim change systems.....I'm back....I wish I had a camera today. I saw Angars Dakota at Kemble airfield...the mil one with the dday stripes...just on my way past.Anyway It's good to be back even if I am bouncing off a few satalites and thru firewalls and proxys and hidden on the backbone of a network...ain't life fun.So what's the latest news for q1,2 04 from the developers? Robs.

Guest R_Driscoll

Welcome back! I also had posting problems for a while. Does this mean Filton/Bristol is back on the drawing board?

Guest Robs

Preview of filton...not a good shot! But it is widescreen...A hobby takes time!Still working on it.Have been seduce by GPL for a bit (hangs head in shame!)

Guest Robs

Because I overdid the need to get it under 125K!Opppss

Guest R_Driscoll

Hard to see through the blurriness but that looks like new concrete textures on your runway?If you need any help / testing whatever give me a holler.RobD.

Guest Robs

Rob,Yeap, new textures on the runways and on taxiways to.Plenty of new buildings (I find them easy). Doing taxiways gets boring because they have to be so exact. I'll try and get another shot up.I have your luggage trolley driving round the airport, the sound and movement add a lot to it. I will probably use the BP feul truck but I need a good lorry sound etc but these are the fun things I am holding off until I have the taxiways done.I have used some of JonPs trees but I think I will try some of his enmass trees (for lower polys) for start. I would like to put in some of the planes available parked but the poly count is so high it kills my machine to 3 fps!!I will of course be asking permission to use models when I near completion and put them in the credits.The good news is it will be a great airport for everyone, heavys, jets and GA because thats what this airport does....a brace of spittys flew over my house yesterday at 200 knots or so - luverly.I'd get one but 48 Litre supercharged engine sounds like a big petrol headache and there ain't much boot space. Oh plus I am unlicenced and noone is selling and the slight lack of resources in my current account and nowhere to put the baby seat and it won't fit in the garage and ......................

Guest Robs

Better shots - still ones I took previously to measure taxiways - converting them to 125K is a pain and loses the quality somewhat!Taxiway joints are difficult but most of them are out the way now. Straight taxiways are fairly easy.Progress should be quicker - I am detirmined to get an my airport in the FU3 halls of fame!!Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

As to asking permission - not necessary. I made the models for people to use - if they work for you use them!Nice new concrete too! This looks very detailed.I hope the new UKS is up and working by the time you finish! Its out of my hands now, but your new package should fit in easily to the new landscape. I think Bristol/Filton will be a great staging point between Cardiff, Plymouth and the eastern airports.Cheers,RobD.