Sign in to follow this  
dubravko

Question about Beechjet

Probably you know that with original FU3 you get one of this challenges with Beechjet involved (you are A Boeing Company pilot...). Anyway, at one point you have to land Beechjet at Crest Airpark airfield. Here is some data about that airport that I've collected from AirNav.com:Runway 15/33Dimensions: 3288 x 40 ft. / 1002 x 12 m Surface: asphalt, in good condition Weight limitations: Single wheel: 12000 lbs Runway edge lights: low intensity My question is: "Is it possible for real Beechjet to land there?" I know that when I'm landing there in FU3 I have to burn my rubber and breaks a lot to stop before funway overruning. I really can't imagine how would that landing look in real. I've also found some info about Beechjet from Raytheon Aircraft Company:Here are the takeoff and landing preformances:Takeoff: Max. TO WT, SL, ISA ...........3,906 ft Landing: Max. Landing WT, SL, ISA.......3.514 ft with Vref=117 knots.Now, I supose that it is possible for real Beechjet to land there with minimal WT. and minimal fuel. Note, Beechjet (max. wt about 16500lb) does not match wight limitations for Crest Airpark (12000lb).It says in that challenge that Peter James flew challenge routes himself but it doesn't says anything about aircraft he flew.By the way, did you know that Raytheon Aircraft Company is not producing Beechjets anymore. Thay are now producing Raytheon Hawker400 and Hwaker400XP which are same as Beechjet400 and Beechjet400A. Does anybody know why did they changed name for the aircraft?Cheers,Dubravko Stjepan Sikac

Dubravko,I have landed the Beechjet at Palo Alto, which is only 2500 feet long (without resorting to desperate measures like activating the ridiculously powerful parking brakes).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Dubravko,The answer to your questions is, yes it is possible for aBeechjet to land there, but i don

Guest effyouthree

Dubravko,As Daniel says, it wouldn't necessarily be legal, or recommended practice but it's fun ;)I know if were MY B400, I wouldn't be doing it :-eek I prefer 4000ft+ for the B400 :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"