Sign in to follow this  
Guest evansgg

Chris Low 2005 Expansion Packs - Help Please

I noticed that the AIRSPACE.txt file in the version of SEATTLE 2005 that I sent to Gary had some errors. These included missing airport designations (which I have now added), and also an incorrect airport designation code for Ranger Creek. This is because I have a modified version of Ranger Creek in my installation of FU3 (and I think that Hans also has this). The airport code for Ranger Creek in FU3 is "6wa8", but the real world code is "21w". I have changed the code in my RANGER CREEK package to the real world code, but Gary's version of the AIRSPACE.txt file should NOT have this ! That's because adding this upgrade package involves using FLED to delete the existing runway model, which I decided was one of those "risky add-ons". Therefore, this package is not included in SEATTLE 2005. Unfortunately, the code was still "21w" in the AIRSPACE.txt file that I sent to Gary, so this has also been corrected.I am keeping my fingers crossed, since I have sent the fixed version to Gary for testing :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Then I probably have some errors too. I've got the new Ranger Creek and the sim loads all right. However, every now and then a flight freezes while displaying the box that Gary posted. I make it resume by clicking Cancel (ignore). This happens in the western areas of the Seattle region, indicating that my airspace.txt may be referencing some deleted airports there.I remember that I removed the airports that you advised but I don't think that I did any editing of configuration files.Hans Petter

Guest evansgg

>>I am keeping my fingers crossed, since I have sent the fixed>version to Gary for testing :-)>Nothing received yet Chris. I do have 21w in my airspace file. Could be the email problem we seem to be having. I have not received any reply from my ISP about it. I sent you two emails yesterday, one from my Bigpond addy and the other from my Yahoo email. Did you get either? (I have been posting the gist on this forum anyway knowing we have a problem).

Gary,I successfully received the e-mail that you sent from the yahoo address, but I also sent THREE back ! Are you saying that you haven't received any of them ? The first one included updated versions of CONCORD BUCHANAN and SAN CARLOS airports. The second one included revised versions of the ENTIRE PACKS, and the third had a modified version of GNOSS attached to it.Maybe I should use your bigpond address to send stuff, and your yahoo address to receive ? Other than that, I don't know what to do :-(Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest evansgg

>Maybe I should use your bigpond address to send stuff, and>your yahoo address to receive ? Other than that, I don't know>what to do :-(Sorry Chris, been out most of today and just got home. Yahoo is working fine, got all 3 messages. Yet to receive a response from Bigpond as to why Australia's biggest ISP cannot communicate with UK's biggest ISP. Will start messing about with FUIII and corrected packs now and keep you informed.

Gary,I have also modified Rio Vista today :-) I will send you updated copies of the RIO VISTA package and airport folders.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Gary,Do not mix UKS with Sanfran or Seattle region !LG does not use the UTM zone, so all airports of same latitude will fall together. Make a full copy of your FU3 main folder without the Sanfran and Seattle Regions, then copy UKS as single region in this set. Remove all non UKS packs in this FU3 copy.For Sanfran and Seattle use the other copy (or the original) remove UKS region from there and all packs of UKS. Install outer region if you want to switch or fly from one region into the next. For UKS you must install outer region. Keep both version separated, there are no important registry settings so folder copy is no problem you have just to make new links to fu3.exe and FLED.exe on menu or desktop.hope this will help. :-wave agtim