Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

San Francisco Pylons

Here are a couple of early screenshots of electricity pylons in the San Franciso region. I still have a VERY long way to go :-)1. Cessna over the Bay area. Notice the line of pylons next to the San Mateo bridge in the background.2. The view from Palo Alto.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have been working hard on my SANFRAN PYLONS package all weekend, but I suspect that it is no more than 50 per cent complete. In fact, I have decided not to add ALL of the pylons indicated on the DRG maps that I have.....for three reasons:-1. There are masses of them !2. Some of the pylons in the mountains are impossible to locate. Some of the SanFran region texture maps are of lower resolution than the vast majority (particularly the Santa Cruz mountains that are located between the Pacific Ocean and the southern section of San Francisco Bay), and identification is just too difficult.3. Trying to add pylons in the mountains without them looking ridiculous is extremely difficult. As you know, I am a bit of a perfectionist (:-)), and if I can't add pylons without some of them being located on severe slopes (which results in pylon legs sticking out all over the place), then I would rather not add them at all.Having said that, I have managed to add a lovely line of pylons between Hayward and Byron. These skirt the northern edge of the Diablo mountains (the range that includes Lick Observatory). I have also added a "ridge hopping" set of pylons along the north western edge of the Diablo range (these pass the Calaveras Reservoir, and eventually join the Hayward-Byron line). I am hoping to add other mountain pylons wherever I can.I have completed most of the Bay area itself, and I am now working around the western edge of San Pablo Bay (the large bay north of the Richmond-San Rafael bridge), and also in the Central Valley area to the north of Byron Municipal.I wish I could just wave a magic wand instead ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png