Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Oakland Airport

Here are three screenshots illustrating the fact that I have separated Oakland airport into two components.1. The new Oakland National airport (the original GA section), as seen in FLED. Note that there is no taxiway extending south of the runway 27L threshold.2. Oakland International airport, as seen in FLED. You will notice that I have deleted some of the northern section of this part of the airport, modified the parking area to the west, and added two or three new AI parking spots at the main terminal. There are still the same number of airliner parking spots as before, but the redesign has improved "taxiway flow" (reducing the number of potential "face offs" between two opposing AI airliners that could occur on the original "bottleneck" taxiway Bravo). The new Player parking spot is the lowest of the five to the north (next to the Concorde parking spot that extends furthest out to the west).3. San Francisco Bay area map, showing the two separate airport icons (and the new frequencies that I have allocated to Oakland National). The current callsign for this airport is "Scaggs Island", but that may not be the final version :-)Chris Low.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!