Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyc

SanFran 2006

Guest markyc

Come on all you happy flyers out there! How about showing a bit of support for Chris Lowe,Jon Point and the rest, who spent a great deal of time and effort in producing SanFran 2006 for YOUR enjoyment.I couldn't help noticing that over 250 of us have downloaded this addon, but only half a dozen or so have taken the time to pass comment. Surely the guys deserve more thanks than this?Mark:(

Mark,I think that the real problem is that most of those people who have downloaded SanFran 2006 simply do not visit the forum, and that's a real shame. It would be nice to see this place "come back to life", with active discussions regarding all sorts of FU3 related topics (interesting flights, unusual observations, screenshots, upgrade questions, add-on suggestions etc).The trick would be to get those people into the forum itself, which makes me realise that I should have added a comment in the SanFran 2006 readme file regarding this. It may not have worked, but you never know for sure.Some guy e-mailed me three days ago regarding his inability to get FU3 to run in Windows XP. I responded immediately, but he hasn't been back in touch yet. That frustrates me, because I keep thinking that the FU3 world could lose a valuable member if the problem isn't solved quickly, and we don't really want that !If anyone has any suggestions regarding how we could encourage other FU3 users to post messages on this forum (and become more actively involved with the FU3 freeware scene), then please plaster your comments all over this thread ;-)Chris Low.PS. Since I have finally started FLYING in FU3 again (I have been too busy ADDING stuff over the past nine months), I guess that I should put my money where my mouth is. So, I will post a few screenshots of my flights over the coming weeks. It would be nice to see others do the same.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris,This is what I was saying before - I think a lot of people use library email updates and ignore the forum. Language could be an issue but I think that there are enough worldly people here to sort that. I spent some time on a Spanish forum and just used Babelfish (the 'double' method) where I needed to. Quite funny when I'd get a rush of emails all in Spanish - I actually had Dana fooled for a few months until she caught me out :-lolI was wondering if we shouldn't do a library zipfile upload as a kind of 'roundup' of FU3 things? It could include the 'FU3 essentials' listings, as well as a list of who develops what, some handy hints and lotsa screenshots, showing what people are up to. Maybe release a new one each month, rounding-up what's been happening and previewing things to come. If we do it like most tech sites do, you put the first paragraph of each story in the 'news' file and include a link, saying 'click here to read the rest'. The link takes them straight to the forum article. It may not get a lot of new postings, but at least it will encourage users to check out the forum.What does everyone think?PS there's more activity this week than over the past 3!:-wave

Jon,To be honest, I'm all in favour of ANYTHING that gets more FU3 users to actively participate on this forum.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png