Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunner_uk2000

n00b question....

I've installed FU3I having a problem atm, when ever i fly i always vear right, and can only (using the keyboard) turn right or go straight.My rudder settings are probably messed up, but i can find on what of setting the rudder to my joysticks Z axis (you can only set up the turn and pitch in the controlls options).i have the same problem with my joysticks throttle control.Any idea how to fix this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to the FU3 forum, Ian :-wave Have you calibrated your joystick in the OPTIONS menu ? My rudder controls are "<" and ">" on the keyboard, with "?" to centre the rudder, but I use the joystick for everything else.I assume that you are currently flying around in the default version of FU3 ? Have you installed the FU2 San Francisco scenery ? Did you take my advice, and NOT install the outer terrain ? ;-)When you get your control problem sorted out, don't forget to have a good look at the sloppy state in which some of the taxiway lines and AI pathways were left at various airports in the Seattle region. In addition, make a note of the rather crude models used for the AI planes. When you install my Seattle 2005 pack and Ansgar Avermeyer's high detail AI Pack, you will notice a MASSIVE improvement in both of these features ;-)Best Wishes,Christopher Low.PS. Do you have FSAA and anisotropic filtering activated ? These make a huge difference to the quality of the graphics.

Welcome gunner;There are many topics on joystick configure stored on this forum . You have to do a search for them .Hope you can fix the problem . We need more info from you to help .Chris's advise on not installing outter terrain is his opinion only .I have it installed and get a lot of pleasure flying from Seattle to Sanfran or to Jackson hole or any other place I choose. Making Flight plans and flying in real time . It All depends on YOUR virtual world and what you want .What ever the case ,I'm sure you have found the ultimate Flight sim experiance .Flight Unlimited is still the best General Aviation flight sim for realisim .See you in the Sky.Capt Rolo.

Ralph,He has actually installed the outer terrain scenery, but it's worth pointing out that the ONLY reason that I advised him not to install it is because (like me) he is a self confessed "graphics **" :-)Chris Low.

after a search, i've solved the problem by disabling my gameport in my BIOS, and unplugging my PS2 pad.

Excellent news, mate. Now you can think about upgrading your FU3 world to the 2005 version ;-)Chris Low.