Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Color Aerials Shots

Guest juvat2

Hi,These I accessed through MS Streets and Trips 2006. The SanFran shots I couldn't figure out how I had turned off the streets labeling. Anyway, thought you folks would like to look into it to get package creation details. Don't know if site is accessible without S&T installed. Link to the SFO/Halfmoon Bay. Some areas can be viewed to 30yards detail.http://local.live.com/default.aspx?cp=30.3...le=h&lvl=14&v=1JimB

My ultimate dream would be an expansion of the San Francisco scenery region. I would love to be able to build versions of Sacramento International and Stockton Metropolitan.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,With this pictures it is not very difficult to make it.1. set the zoom to get 4m/pixel2. collect the pictures you need for the area3. build a targa picture of it using the SanFran Palette4. cut the picture to have 4096 x 4096 pixels5. use Genquadrant to generate the .bin filesbut cpd files cannot be created so you must first convert all 100 megatiles of SanFran Area back to .tga using Sergey's utilities (see www.agtim.ch/fu3) once you have all targa pictures of level 0, you don't need the other levels, you can use Genquadrant to generate in 1 clickthe level 0 to 4 files.put all this files in a new map folder and use Level57maker togenerate the upper levels automaticaly and that is the point where you can expand the area to the north and the east as you want, just add new megatiles as new rows or columns in steps of 8.You have to set some values in the region.cfg, the new size of the region and the reg_cd_level -1.I will not do the job, but can help at problems, good luck :-wave agtim

A tempting suggestion, but I need to think about it before I commit myself to ANOTHER year of hard work ! To be honest, I would prefer someone who knows what they are doing to expand the SanFran scenery region, and then I could start building the airports (with a bit of help from Jon or others......the runways, terminals, and other buildings would need to be constructed by EXPERTS). I would prefer to concentrate on all of that "lines, lights, and taxigraph" stuff that I am familiar with ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png