Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

UKS Nightlights - Rob/Agtim/Bruce

Guest fu3

Dear All,I'm sitting here and can't believe my eyes. After postulating last night that we merely had to create maps and put them in, Bruce (the Great, Almighty, Lord of Alstonville and Keeper of the Crusty Banana) suggested some tricks and...To those of you that don't realise, UKS has NO night lighting, apart from models. Now we've found a way ('coz I wanted to edit old lights) and can create what we want, where we want (give or take 16 metres). The results certainly lit up MY life :-lolLand's End during the day:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166075.jpgAnd here at night! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166076.jpgPlease ignore the placement - these maps are merely copied from Seattle, with the tilindex adjusted to use them but hey! Hence the darkness everywhere else.The main thing is that it proves that we know what we're doing and now we can set about processing the L1 tiles into suitable night maps :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpyand again :-jumpyRegards,Jon Point

Gets excited about his lights doesn't he! ...........Well done Jon, not so hard is it?Cheers:-wave (PS Crusty Banana is fine, Lord Of Alstonville I believe belongs to a slightly higher authority)

Hi Jonexcellent night view, congrats, you're on the way, there are just about 650 tiles for UK ;-) :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Could it be automated using the red index in the classification files as a mask?

Hi Rob,I guess you could export the classification and use the urban area as a mask. You would need to fill the area with a pattern of some sort, or you would end up with big blobs of light which doesn't look that attractive.It would propaply also depend a bit on how accurate the classification was, i.e. does it cover a general area or is it fairly close to the town boundaries.Anway, soon you can have a play for yourself and see if you like the results....Lismore (Northern NSW) from the north attached.CheersBruce Hhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166134.jpg