Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adrian Wainer

I am running Flight unlimited III in Windows XP and.......

I am running Flight Unlimited III in Windows XP and it looks terrible, I know that's not how it should look, since I had Flight Unlimited II running under Windows 98 awhile back and it looked pretty good, so obviously some aspect of XP or some drivers or DLL files are degrading Flight Unlimited Graphic quality, any ideas for fixes folks, [ nb my Graphics on my computer otherwise are fine in that eg FS9 looks superb on it ]. I tried various resolutions and running Flight unlimited under Windows XP Windows 98 emulation but they did not improve the graphics. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Adrian,Have you switched 3D acceleration on?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167652.jpgAlso, FU3 will NOT automatically set up your DX driver, as FS9 does. This means that you have to go to your video card settings and turn FSAA etc on yourself. This is no problem as most apps will over-ride desktop settings when opening them (FS9 for example, sets it's own resolution etc). Just set it on the desktop and you shouldn't have to worry about it ;-)Regards,Jon Point

What Mr Point said, plus....force your graphics card to run FSAA and anisotropic filtering at the highest level possible. I couldn't use FU3 without them.