Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

A new aircraft in the hangar

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jorge,Yes, you are correct - the red line in the first shot isn't there. Neither should it be as I removed it a few weeks ago ;) Sorry for posting an old shot. I should have looked closer.Now, what's the rego for Spain? I'll do a separate livery. I have a UK one (G-BSIX) and I am doing a US one but haven't worked out a callsign yet.Anyway, glad you like it ;)PS All users, if you find something amiss or have anything to say, please post it here, rather than direct email. If you send me an email like Jorge did, I would still answer it here so others can share, OK?Regards,Jon Point

I just got time to check it out. I need to practice flying gliders, that's for sure. They phugoid and yaw a lot but I know that's the way they are in real life. I like the tricycle gear -- it makes it much easier to land and slow to a stop without nosing over. Did I mention that it looks superb? The cockpit is a fine modern glider cockpit with digital instruments. I'll see if I get time to familiarize myself with it all tomorrow. Anyway, I have a lot to learn when it comes to flying a glider properly and this one with tricycle gear makes the landing part easier. Further, since FU3's got proper wind and terrain interactions it's really made for gliders. Even today there's no competition except for the dedicated glider sims that few people know anything about. Am I really saying that a 10 year old sim still has the best modeling of ridge lift and turbulence? Yes, I am :-) I'm a bit embarrased to say that after all these years I haven't really explored all of the options as gliders and interesting weather go.There'll be a more powerful PC soon. One of my goals is to be able to crank up the weather and fly with no hardware (framerate) limitations.Thanks for this beautiful motorglider Jon :-)

H-P,Glad you like it! The S6 is a glider for power pilots - or a powered aircraft for glider pilots. The thing's so versatile I love it.Most planes, by the time I release them, I'm 'over it' ;) Not so with this baby. I have to admit that I can't resist taking off, flying around a hillside or mountain range to ascertain the lift, then just switch the engine off and stay up there. My record is about 2 hours, although I wasn't trying, it just ended-up that way. In fact, I'd like one in real life to be honest. They're relatively inexpensive, very economical and have a good range. With the folding wings, you can share a hangar space with someone else too (or hangar it at the local glider club for much less $$$). The only downside is not being able to load the family in, like the Warrior. That said, we can never fit them all in (4 seats vs. 5 people), so I guess it avoids arguments :-lol Try taking off from Lewis Valley, find which side of the valley has the lift and go explore Northwards. With a 20kt breeze, you'll be up there all day :-waveRegards,Jon Point