Sign in to follow this  
juvat

Win95 version Flight Unlimited 1 1024x768 res in-fligh...

Hi,In a previous post I listed how I installed the win95 version on my laptop.My error is, I get cdt if I select the in-game 1024x768 from the View screen then select Return, or using the alt-m hot key inflight.It fly's fine at 640x480.Things I've tried:-selected all compatibility modes-Changed my desktop screen from 1280x800x32 to 1024x768x16.You guys got any ideas for me?You all take care,JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Hiya Jim :-waveWhat is the 'native' resoltion of your laptop? My previous Dell could emulate 1024x768 with a black bar down each side and ran FU3 no problem. My current Dell (with a shared video setup) won't do it. I have to set it to a 'normal' setting for the desktop (1600x900) and set FU3 to 1024x768. I get a horizontally-stretched screen :-( No FSAA, no AF. Fortunately, this is a temporary solution and I get a new HP next year with a better video ;)Yours has a better video spec, but maybe the controller has a problem? Try using it with an external CRT screen if it has a socket for it. Also, don't forget that FU3 only 'does' 800x600 and its probably MSDX thats doing the 1024x768 stretch. Maybe you can use an add-on tweaker to change a few details?Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,My laptop screen is one of those wide(16:10?) versions and the 1280x800 is how I set to keep from getting the squished look.As for an external monitor; I'd have to buy one. I'm presently "on-the-road-again", Panama City, Florida. Maybe if this motel room were bigger I'd slip out to the local best buy and get one. I did a google search and apparently theres a selection for some laptops to "maintain aspect ratio" to prevent the "squishing".I re-installed my video driver, installed ati tray tools and multi-res. Hoped this would unlock a means to maintain aspect ratio. Even installed rivatuner.As for some dvd movies. The ones that are more square, my screen has the bars on each side. Or I can select fit to screen and then the dvd player will fill the screen with the movie. It would seem to me if my video chip can do that, it's just a matter of my finding the magic button somewhere in my display properties.Did a re-install, no help there. Guess 640x480 is all I'll get from her.JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Jim,too bad, but I think it's just the graphic card / driver and not XP ...I have an ASUS mainboard with a NVIDIA GEForce 8600 GTNo problems with 1024x768 resolution using FU1-Win95It must be a video card setting problem.When I use full antialiasing / filtering for FU3 then switch back from flight to selection and map is no more possible and I get a black screen and must terminate by Alt+F4. With middle antialiasing settings - no problems but the picture is not so nice. After new settings of the video card I have to crash the computer for a restart because of hang after setting accepted in the NVIDIA tool :-( so you see video cards is a source of problems :-) hope you can solve yours.I hope to solve my problems with new drivers.have a good start in the new year !:-waveAndre