Sign in to follow this  

How can we make a throttle with trust reverser?

helloI want to make a throttle with trust reverser what should i do?

Depends where you're starting from.If you already have a throttle or throttle function on your stick then just install FSUIPC and use the joystick settings in there to set a 'centre' zone slightly forward from the full back position of the throttle. This will cause the sim throttles to go to idle then as you pull the throttle further back reverse thrust should kick in.If you want to start form scratch making a mock-up throttle quadrant there have been articles by various people on home made mock-ups.A couple of weeks back I spotted an article in the library at, I think, www.flightsim.com. Do a search at the library here first and if that does not bring a result try at flightsim.comBest of luck

thank you vulcan it was very helpfull.good luck

There have been several posters making throttles from kids toys, Legos and Sticks (not the correct spelling). Don't laugh, they work and the gears with the Legos are great.Shoot, I could probably build the whole cockpit of a 747 with all the dang Legos around my house. All the kids are in their teens now so they don't play with them anymore!Recycling is good for the world!:-lol

With an inexpensive set of Suncom throttles ($30 if you can find them anymore) and FSUIPC and a Gameport to USB adaptor from Radio Shack you can have dual throttles with an idle detent. Then pull them past the detent into reverse. Works like the real thing, feels like the real thing and is very inexpensive. Happy Flying!Ken