Sign in to follow this  
NZCOASTER

X_Plane 9 beta 18 Thunder Sounds

Hi thereI am new to X-Plane 9 and have also FSX which I also enjoyI brought the Version 9 DVD and Global Scenery bundle and and working my way through all the setups but one thing is puzzling me and that is the Thunder sounds. I have a 5.1 Sound system and every thing checks fine with 5.1 speaker tests so I know its going in that department.What the issue is is that I set it up for storm conditions and see lightning flashes and the ground lights up and all but I hear no thunder even in the distance , all the sound files are there so I don't know what the issue is because in my experience if I see lightning not to far away I hear the thunder rumble shortly after as usual so is there a parameter change that can be made so the thunder can be heard when its closer or something. I have heard it in this version but only once though-- I have seen the lightning many times with no thunder soundsI do remember trying the 8,6 demo and got some really great thunder soundsAny help appreciated ThanksGreg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am using beta 19 and hear no thunder but I also see no lightning. It would be worth reporting to make sure they know.Hmmm. I was just sitting on the runway and may light aircraft blew across the airfield (spun around to face the wind then got blown across the country side). Seeing my wind speed is set to 2 kts and "wind and turbulance" is set to light I am a bit puzzled by that.Steven.